996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

First pics... New wheels, lowered, calipers etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
theoilman is on a distinguished road
First pics... New wheels, lowered, calipers etc.

Hey all,
Bought this car bonestock 6 months ago and got around to having some fun with it. Just got her off the jack stands after a month of completing various mods and repairs. Me and a buddy did all the work ourselves so pretty proud of the result. She's kinda dirty from sitting in the garage but couldn't wait to upload the photos! Crappy cell phone pics but you get the idea.

First installed some H and R springs on the Innsbruck wheels from Victor Equip. The caliper clear coat was peeling and I felt the black caliper on a black car wasn't giving it enough pop. So I took them off, prepped em, painted em (with VHT red paint and clear) and stenciled in black lettering "PORSCHE". They came out freaking amazing! Probably 20 hours of labor but the finished product was pretty awesome.

I did the muffler hack and painted the tips a low glass/matte black and could not be happier with the sound! Anyways, did a couple of repairs too, did a brake fluid service, oil change, fixed an AOS bellows oil leak, replaced the spoiler bellows, converted to all LED lights at the rear (smoked tails, LED 3rd and spoiler brake light, license plate), blacked out hood emblem and last but not least, fabbed up a bracket to hold a Euro front license plate...

That's it for now and thanks for looking

Last edited by theoilman; 04-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM
bornrich is on a distinguished road
Looks really nice! Have you gotten any crap about you front plate? I like the Euro look of it but I'm not sure if it is really any better then no plate at all as far as attracting the attention of the police.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Good looker. I like the wheels and calipers. That front plate can be a serious issue, especially with the CHP, unless it's just there for the photos.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Rhasslinger is on a distinguished road
looks sweet! What is the height you dropped it to?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Franco67 is on a distinguished road
Very nice, really clean. How do you like those Bridgestone tires? I need to replace mine and I am using 9x18/11x18, 245/35 and 315/30 Michelin, Pilot Sport tires but they are so bloody expensive.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by bornrich
Looks really nice! Have you gotten any crap about you front plate? I like the Euro look of it but I'm not sure if it is really any better then no plate at all as far as attracting the attention of the police.
Thanks! No attention yet but not too worried about it... If it was a daily driver then I probably wouldn't have it on there. The car only sees 4k miles a year at the most, the windows have me more worried than anything!

Originally Posted by Rhasslinger
looks sweet! What is the height you dropped it to?
I believe it was and 1 1/2 inches all the way around. Sits pretty flat, 24 1/4 from bottom of front tire to fender, 24 1/2 from rear tire to fender.

Originally Posted by Franco67
Very nice, really clean. How do you like those Bridgestone tires? I need to replace mine and I am using 9x18/11x18, 245/35 and 315/30 Michelin, Pilot Sport tires but they are so bloody expensive.
Thanks man! I like them, they seem to be pretty quiet but I don't have anything to compare to since they came with the car. Good grip on the back roads though

Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM
kchociej will become famous soon enoughkchociej will become famous soon enough
I got messed with the cops for having no plate the other day. State trooper just gave me a warning. It was literally 2 days after I got rid of my temporary registration plates.

In my opinion it is not worth getting pulled over for anything as they are just looking for anyway they can to take money from you by writing silly tickets.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I also wanted to share the stark contrast of the car from when I got it since it was so well, BORING and dull with all the nasty orange, bleh! I bought the car from the original owner, even came with the original window sticker. All service records stamped in the service booklet with invoices. Car was bone stock (with the exception of a ceramic IMS bearing, it was done as preventative maintenance when the clutch was replaced 20k miles ago). It is a higher mileage car (109k miles) but drives better than our 07 RDX!

Last edited by theoilman; 05-01-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM
dennish is infamous around these parts
I Like

Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
[quote=theoilman;3531709]Thanks! No attention yet but not too worried about it... If it was a daily driver then I probably wouldn't have it on there. The car only sees 4k miles a year at the most, the windows have me more worried than anything!

Looks good! Yep, those tinted windows (fr driver/pass) will get you stopped if not the front plate.

It was hard to see the lettering on the calipers. If you have the time, could you post some close-up pics? Thanks!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Looks good...very nice job...

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Love everything you did except the blacked-out windows. Way too ghetto for me. The rest looks great.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
JW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura about
What size wheels and off set,tire size? thx

Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First pics... New wheels, lowered, calipers etc.