996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

A Special Shout-out to 6speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up A Special Shout-out to 6speed

I finally received my Fister exhausts and attempted/called to a few local places to install them but after waiting a week for a response, I decided to DIY. I did a lot of research on this, thank goodness for this site and youtube, but taking the exhaust off isn't that tough. However, things are never quite that easy for me. I wound up breaking at least 4 rusted bolts and had to cut the clamp that attaches the exhaust tip to the exhaust; therefore I had to order new clamps and buy several new bolts/nuts.

While waiting for the new parts to arrive, I decided to change the spark plugs - whoo-weee!! that was a project. With the exhaust removed, I thought it would be a lot easier to get to them but I thought wrong. I bought the Denso Iridium plugs, which I was hesitant to use since I have read a lot of negative reviews, but I did it anyway since I already bought them. I will report later on those plugs, especially if I have any issues with them.

My clamps are supposed to arrive tomorrow, once they do, I can finish installing my new exhaust and take it for a drive. Mind you, I started this project on Sunday afternoon and will finally be finished tomorrow - can't wait.

For those who have previously posted about exhaust/plug DIY - thank you! This forum has been the best tool in my tool box.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 PM
ericyingling is on a distinguished road
That is great to hear... (read).

I also find this forum and rennlist really helpful.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ericyingling
That is great to hear... (read).

I also find this forum and rennlist really helpful.

Good luck with the rest of your project.
Thanks... I love the exhausts, they sound great.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM
aviography is on a distinguished road
OP, did you replace the spark plug tubes and o-rings while you changed the plugs?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 PM
No, I only have 52,000 miles on it, so I haven't changed those just yet. When I hit 60,000 miles I plan doing everything.