996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PICS - Speed Yellow 2000 996 CAB Detailed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM
hitman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Purplxd
Can you send some close up pics of the foam in the lip? I have the same setup but haven't installed it yet. Would like to see where you ended up.

Cheers
Aaron

Sure thing, I’ll try and get some photos uploaded soon that show the underside of the front splinter with the extra padding. One thing I’ll point out given some requests that the headlights are covered with a film, which they are not and are professionally tinted.

I am very particular about my cars including modifications, and having been a software developer for many years may explain why I am also very meticulous. The truth is I never did like the headlight cover or colored film applications, although some of this dislike changed.

I helped a good friend out with an investment into his exotic dealership several years ago which had a side benefit, attending SEMA! Over the years I have seen trends come and go (Everybody remember spinners! Awful things!), including tinted applications.

This lead me to consider having the headlights professionally tinted by a reputable customizing shop, but wanted them to look and feel as they came from the factory.

I think they pulled it off pretty good and they seem to always drive a good conversation on how well they look at the Saturday cars and coffee. Can’t wait for SEMA 2012 in Oct to see what is new in the billion dollar aftermarket arena!

Here are some shots of the headlights as well for those that requested. Thx!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
cerg82 is on a distinguished road
Wow, nice job on the headlights! Have you noticed any reduction in visibility due to the tinting (i.e. impact on light output)?

Old 09-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by cerg82
Wow, nice job on the headlights! Have you noticed any reduction in visibility due to the tinting (i.e. impact on light output)?
Thanks!
The reduction is very marginable compared to say maybe a smoked film based application just from testing that we did. I of course do not drive my car during inclement weather, but at night or in the rain the visibility is very good.
The pros are the look and feel is great but the cons are that it is permanent and cannot be easily pulled off to have a clean headlight.

It is an obvious personal choice on which route, and again I saw smoked headlights at SEMA a couple years back that gave me the confidence to go permanent.

Thx!

Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
I applaud your tasteful mods! I thought I had the most unique 2000 Speed Yellow Cab out there. But I graciously give that honor to you Hitman! (Oh, and I'm also a software engineer... I see a trend here LOL!)

Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=Doug996InKC;3641374]I applaud your tasteful mods! I thought I had the most unique 2000 Speed Yellow Cab out there. But I graciously give that honor to you Hitman! (Oh, and I'm also a software engineer... I see a trend here LOL!)[/QUOTE

Great minds think a like Doug996InKC! Thanks for great feedback and back at you as well given I have seen photos of your 2000 Speed Yellow Cab for some time and admired the TechArt look along with your other modifications. It looks perfect with its clean lines and lowered aggressive look, great job!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Where's those close ups of the lip/foam mods...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Messiahlee is on a distinguished road
Wow so clean.
What aero kit is that?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
aatlas is on a distinguished road
beautiful car.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Purplxd
Where's those close ups of the lip/foam mods...

Cheers
Aaron
Hey Aaron, I have been traveling on business and have not forgotten about your request. I'll post some clear pics underneath the lip and sides so you can see the foam padding I was referring to. Stay tune!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Messiahlee
Wow so clean.
What aero kit is that?
Thank you! The aerokit is a replica TechArt front bumper, side skirts, and front lip. The wing is a Misha GTM2 and the rear bumper is a 996 Turbo replica with the bumperettes removed and filled along with custom black powder coated grills.

There are a lot of subtle modifications to keep with the clean look including omitting the aggressive front hood grill that is synonymous with most TechArt 996 GT front bumpers.

I wanted the lines to be clean as well as I requested they angle the splinters inside the front inlet grill to match the lower portion of the front bumper which to me looks correct breaking the tradition of straight across with leds.

Again personal taste, and appreciate the feedback. I must stress the importance of a good body shop given some of these kits do not fit as factory and require modifications to be perfect unless stated.

Precision Porsche has a good reputation for fitment and professionalism with assisting those in need when purchasing their products.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
looks good, well done.