996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

#&$%&#$%ing car got hit by an 18wheeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
wtf?!?! the guy didn't even accept the responsibility and even worse, wanted to leave?? wtf is wrong with that guy?? crazy *** people!!!

on the other hand, good luck on your situation dude! hope everything works out for the best!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:14 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
ditto, the nightmare begins. Make sure and take it to a authorized Porsche body shop. I had something extremely similiar happen to me in June. Damage was close to $3k. Instead of a factory bumper you can install an aftermarket one for the same cost as the OEM

Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2005, 09:42 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
sorry, corey. just do a full bumperette delete

he doesn't want to own up cause he's prob borderline in losing his lic or insurance to drive.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:53 PM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
I just hope my insurance doesn't go up because of him. I'm going to go though his trucking company's insurance. My agent said it shouldn't since Allstate is not paying anything out to anyone and the accident report will say he's at fault. My agent did say they want a copy of the accident report on file for their and my protection in case the guy decides to file a claim for something stupid.

Ironically if he would have admitted fault and been a bit nicer, I may have not called the police and might have just paid for it my self and chalked it up to a bad day gambeling in atlantic city just to avoid the hassle.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your accident Corey. At least no one got hurt and it's fairly minor.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
**** that sucks man Really ****ty of the driver to try and run off...

Old 07-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i've been rear ended twice (not too bad) in the past year and Allstate did not touch my rates. I've only been with them for the last 3 yrs but they have been wonderful so far

sorry to hear about the bumper

Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
An old lady in a jag backed into my one month old TT at the country club and made a volleyball sized dent in the front bumper corner. Bent bracket inside. Costly job.

I saw her backing up but I was boxed in at the time. I blarred the horn like crazy but she could hear. After she stopped, she got out, looked at it, and asked "Did I do that?". I knodded. She said "Really? I didn't feel anything. Are you sure?". I knodded again and said "Go get your license and insurance, lady".

Luckily she had State Farm also. My insurance didn't go up.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Yikes Corey! I am so sorry!! But glad it was just your bumper and not more....

Old 07-31-2005, 02:26 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 20C4S
he wanted to leave... that's just not right.
Yea, seriously... What a **** house rat!!

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck on getting what you deserve.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:47 AM
dgray996 will become famous soon enough
Corey that sucks, I had a similar instance last year when an 85 year old lady hit me when I was at a stop light. Her insurance paid for the entire respray and repair.

Just be glad the damage wasn't worse, you'll likely forget about soon after it's fixed.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:47 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
you'll be fixed in no time, just make sure to bring it to the BEST body guy you can find. maybe you can even walk away with an aftermarket bumper??? good luck.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:47 AM
aben8057 is on a distinguished road
Corey,

Sorry for the misfortune on rt 80....so that was you invoking the rubber neckers....

Im glad it will work out for you and I would also pursue any action against that clown trying to drive away.

BTW..I think the bumperette delete would look sweet on your car.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:58 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by CoreyNJ
Nope, no aftermarket bumper. I just need a bumperette cover and a respray of the whole thing. What sucks is I have to lay out the cash to get this fixed until the traffic report from the Police is ready in 2 weeks.
if the insurance company is going to cut you a check for $1000, get a new aftermarket bumper. you'll just have to pay the difference. think of it as a $1000 off the bumper of your choice and install

Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 AM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
I'm not even waiting for their check. I'm just getting it fixed and am going to have them reimburse me. The big problem is the truck company won't even talk to me until they get the accident report which in NJ takes a few weeks. I'm not going to deal with driving a damaged car around waiting for them.

So I'm going to get it fixed and go from there. I already have 2 estimates and the body shop took pictures and so did I.

What sucks is I was going to get my suspension installed next week, now it will have to wait till this is repaired. On the bright side I guess I'll have my brake calipers swapped out and the suspension done at the same time since I now have to wait.

BTW, I took the bumper cover off yesterday night to check for additional damage, the only thing questionable is a plastic locking ring, part 996.505.645.00, that may need to be changed that hold on the bumperette cover to the bumper cover

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: #&$%&#$%ing car got hit by an 18wheeler