996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Sprint Booster and a Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 AM
xxaarraa is on a distinguished road
6 speed and LOVE it.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 AM
xxaarraa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Diesel117
I will put it this way, I thought my throttle was sticking so I completely disassembled the gas pedal, cleaned, and added white lithium grease. Didn't help.

Then I added the sprint booster. The best way to describe it is the pedal is remapped. The response is compressed, but it is not linear. The first 1,000 or so rpms was a slight pick up...enough to have to get use to but not too different. After that the engine wants to dance to your touch. NOT more HP, just better response.

There is a sample graph on their website that describes what I am trying to convey: http://www.sprintbooster.us/ I just ordered mine direct.

Getting 0.5 MPG more now too. She likes to be driven hard.
That's where I got my last two springboosters from. Very good seller, usually ships same day and arrives 2nd day air.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:08 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
Old thread I know bit by far my favorite upgrade and I have a bit of a mod list

Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 PM
white99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of light
I thought 99's has the traditional cable and not the drive by wire.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM
white99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of lightwhite99c2 is a glorious beacon of light
I went on Sprint Boosters website and the mod is for model year 2000 and up.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:13 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
You're 100% correct. I have a 04 c4s

Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
palestar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by white99c2
I thought 99's has the traditional cable and not the drive by wire.
You are already ahead of the game if you have a traditional throttle cable, no need to spend more money for instant throttle response

Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
I've had one on my manual 6 speed for several years now. It doesn't remove the initial, slight, movement delay of the throttle pedal (which can be annoying for double clutching), but it does allow for a more sensitive response to throttle movement. I've been pleased with it.

Still, it's easy to hold a steady speed. Doesn't affect fuel mileage....just means that you press the throttle less to achieve the same response what you would have gotten with more throttle movement before.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:43 AM
pmalik is on a distinguished road
Not a big fan of these things, since they make the throttle even less linear than it already is

Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pmalik
Not a big fan of these things, since they make the throttle even less linear than it already is
Just out of curiousity, is your take on this out of direct experience, or purely theoretical?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Thanks, did a little research, IMO seems like snake oil to me.......
You must have done very "little" research about this as it has been widely proven for over 4 years. I have never read a review/commentary from anyone who has one that did not praise it for exactly what it is advertised. In fact, if you cruise around (do a little research) you will see that universally Porsche, Mercedes, Audi... driver's who have them praise them completely. In fact this is from 2009......

.The new generation of Sprint Booster debuted at SEMA SHOW 2009 winning one of the most important awards in aftermarket industry , the ‘SEMA BEST NEW PERFORMANCE-STREET PRODUCT 2010’ award among 1400 new products.

I'm amazed at any negative commentary from anyone who has never tried something - especially when the there is almost universal positive commentary from those knowing the products efficacy from first-hand-experience.

Last edited by denversteve; 09-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
perryinva is on a distinguished road
I can easily see where this is a neat device! Just means the car manuafacturer compromised on throttle response map to suit the masses, as they see it. Some people like a snappier throttle. I have enough trouble keeping under the posted limit as it is I don't need to spend $300 on anything else to help me get more tickets! That's my biggest gripe, it just really seems like a lot for what it is. That's in the same arena as the IMSG Junior, and there is a lot more to that, and a lot fewer of them made.

Edit:Well, I see it is the same price, regardless of car, I thought this was a Porsche only thing. And they lowered the price to $289 inc S&H. Still, I guess they know how to price it for max profit. I know I would.

Last edited by perryinva; 09-05-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by perryinva
...Just means the car manuafacturer compromised on throttle response map to suit the masses

Edit:Well, I see it is the same price, regardless of car,...
I see you now edited your response on the second part. It is not expensive and it is not a "Porsche" product. The manufacturer, in this case Porsche, did not compromise on anything. Most cars over the past 13, or so, years have been in the same condition. Some a little more than others. Drive by wire results in some "lag". The amazing thing is in the case of Sprint Booster is that everyone can dramatically reduce the lag with this simple device. People will spend hundreds in cat by-pass products which are not only illegal, but also do very little but make a great vehicle noisy or make other pointless modifications that cost many times more - but will discount or even dismiss this proven and effective technology WITHOUT EVEN TRYING IT. If 300 dollars is expensive to anyone on this forum, they own the wrong marque. That's less than a new key just cost me.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 AM
perryinva is on a distinguished road
And you don't think $340 is too much for a key? Do you enjoy paying a lot? ;-)
Some things, when you have no choice, you just go with it. As you stated most DBW cars have an annoying lag. I find it incredulous that the manufacturers haven't noticed this and have to conclude it is intentional, likly for liability reasons. ( I just touched the gas and the car leapt ahead). I personally do not find the 996 laggy but agree that it is not optimum and that a modern DD/sports car should have a switchable sport mode! The TR in Sport mode on my '08 Clubman S is better than my 996, but the turbo lag is more annoying. One day I will give the 30 day trial a shot and conclude for myself it is worth $289..

Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i dont think i've ever heard of someone who didnt think it was worth every penny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster and a Warning