996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Sprint Booster and a Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 PM
feroz928 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wyovino
Too funny! It's on my mod list.

Mine too

Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 PM
feroz928 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SpeedwareMotorsports
We also carry the sprint boosters - find them here
The way this works, it is basically like a modified throttle pulley for a cable-throttle car. You push the pedal down, and the sprint booster tells the computer to open the throttle more than the pedal angle would induce. As a result, the "delay" that a lot of newer drive-by-wire cars feel is removed and the throttle response is increased.

You only have it for the TIP Nothing for the 6 speed??

Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure who you are asking but there are numerous distributors who sell the Sprint Booster and there certainly are 2000 996 w/ manual trans. available. Simple search on Ebay will net you a positive response.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:58 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by perryinva
And you don't think $340 is too much for a key? Do you enjoy paying a lot? ;-)
Enjoy paying a lot... no. But, in the years I've driven Porsches, I've found it to be the expectation. Keys cost what keys cost. Toyota and other brands (VW, Audi) using the same/similar keys are similarly priced. So, no big deal. You pay what they say the cost is. I looked all around the "net" and found no price cheaper than $10 less than my dealer sold it to me. That, again is my norm. $300 for an "option" that reduces or eliminates throttle lag and improves my enjoyment of driving........ cheap at twice the price.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
pfbz is a jewel in the roughpfbz is a jewel in the roughpfbz is a jewel in the rough
I'm a bit skeptical of the value of a Sprint Booster, but they do seem to be well liked by those whom have ponied up the bucks for them.

The SprintBooster website lists SBPO0031S as the correct part number for manual transmission 996's, and it looks like Amazon has it for
$219 shipped $219 shipped
. Best price I've seen on it, with free 2-day shipping to boot.

With the 30 day guarantee (plus easy Amazon returns) perhaps it is worth a try?

Last edited by pfbz; 09-10-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by pfbz
I'm a bit skeptical of the value of a Sprint Booster .....
Nothing to be skeptical about. Value is in the eye of the decider. It has value to you (for example), or it has no value to you. It works, and works great, therefore you simply will decide if it is something you want (it only does one thing) or not. Just like you would decide whether you want to buy a CAI (completely worthless to many), or a spoiler or splitter, or 20" rims...........

Old 02-01-2014, 09:36 PM
moparlou is on a distinguished road
sprint booster

I installed the SB in a 2003 911 convertible auto. Hot damn. Hugh change especially in the red mode. I bought the car for my wife to drive in PCA cruises because she cant drive my viper. Well it was a pita to install, but worth it. Strange that porsche couldn't figure this out. Guess that's why we won the war.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
yiannit60 is on a distinguished road
install my couple days ago very happy so far