996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Best way to clean out dust from engine?

Old 06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
swaff has a spectacular aura aboutswaff has a spectacular aura about
Best way to clean out dust from engine?

Hey everyone,

I went to an event last week about 2 hours away, and when I got almost to the event, I realized I was going to have to go down a 2 mile gravel road to get there.

Needless to say, the car (black) was very dusty after I got there and also came 2 miles back down to leave. A pop of the engine lid shows a lot of dust in there...what would be the best way to clean it out? I don't want to blow it all out if that might make dust get into stuff and mess something up.

Even though I just did a clean out of the MAF and a clean out/re-oil of the K&N air filter, I plan on giving those another clean.

Suggestions on getting the dust out from the engine area?

Swaff

Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
Use a air compressor and put the air blower (can't recall the exact name) extension on it. It will blow the dust right out of there and any other junk that might be stuck in there

Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
leaf blower works great, not harsh as compressed air and follow up with a gentle rub of 303, armorall(whatever) on all the parts u can reach.