996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PNW Members

Old 07-18-2003, 06:04 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
PNW Members

Hello everyone. I am putting together a German car meet. Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche. Our last one was only M3's, M5's, C43's, and other 55's (CL, CLK, E)... But we are looking to augment our show by including Porsche! Since then, our participants have also aquired a new Alpina Z8, and an SL55.

Saturday August 2nd is Seafair. It's from 10a-4p. Blue Angels are at 12:45. We are thinking of meeting around 10, hanging out in the park, whatever and then watch the planes are 12:45. After that, head for lunch together somewhere. After, go to maybe Alki Point for some photographs... Tickets are $17, not too bad...

I hope some of you are interested. If you want more information or details, please email me at wyatthanson05@hotmail.com.
Kunal - I hope you can make it out!

Old 07-20-2003, 02:33 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Nobody lives between Portland and Seattle??

Old 07-20-2003, 04:14 PM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by WyattH
Nobody lives between Portland and Seattle??
I do, but you already know that! There is also Rob in WA, maybe send him a PM.

Old 07-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Ok, I will. Is his complete username "Rob"?

Old 07-28-2003, 11:07 AM
jeff25 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Well, here's one more but I'm not sure how many Porsche owners want to be hanging out with the BMW crowed.

Old 07-28-2003, 01:43 PM
I was afraid of that. Why not?
We thought it was going to be a problem with the AMG/M croud getting together, but it was not. In fact, it was better than being alone.
1) If you want, you can drive some other cars and see how they are. That's always fun.
2) Talk to competitive owners, see how they like it, etc.
3) Meet new friends.
4) A chance for some spirited drving among respected cars.

We don't race or anything. Sure, we have some spirited driving, but nothing major. We know which cars can out perform others, and whatever. So basically, we are all just car enthusiasts hanging out. We didn't see a problem with that last time!

Sure, some people think of other owners as "They just think their car is the best", and visa versa. But it's really not like that. We all bought the cars for different reasons. Even if someone isn't as fast or something, he sacrificed something for that... Maybe it's more luxurious, or cheaper, who knows. At the end of the day, they are all very nice cars, with nice owners. And very fun, might I add.

Last edited by WyattH; 07-28-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Ok. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to this drive (which I doubt is anybody!), haha.

For several reasons, this was cancelled. Several participants were out of town, and Seafair alone seemed like a bad idea, with all the traffic and minimal driving time.

We have changed the meet.

Weekend of August 9-10. It will be a drive to the San Juan Islands. The ferry leaves Anacortes. It's at most a 3.5 hour trip from Seattle. That will provide a great drive, a great view of the coast, and a fun meeting place in Friday Harbor.

Just being decided, the details are not set. However, I hope the local Porsche owners are interested. I would love to expand from our MB/BMW group.
I am also inviting my Ferrari buddies, but I doubt they will come...