996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

OT: What digital camera do you guys use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
OT: What digital camera do you guys use?

I am in the market for a new Digital Camera. I would like to know what cameras you guys use and why you chose that camera? What features are most important and what company is the most reliable?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2003, 02:54 PM
redhummer96 is on a distinguished road
I use a Minolta 7hi. This camera has great features, 5 megapix, the option for manual focus, manual zoom and digital zoom. Takes great photos and has tons of users settings. Very SLR like. I highly recommend it.

Old 07-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
Canon Powershot S400. 4 megapixel, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, takes great pix. Highly recommended if you want a very portable digital camera that takes very high quality pix. Not cheap--about $500.

Old 07-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
old school Canon Powershot S110

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Orient Express is on a distinguished road
Kodak easy share LS443

great point and shoot, does full motion video as well (it will shoot as many minutes as you have memory), and everything can be manually set.

4.3 MP with great color accuracy. good SW integration, Schneider lens $400.

this is the 2nd Kodak digital I have had, and have had great luck with both of them.

Old 07-19-2003, 07:53 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Just got a cannon S400 powershot elph and I do like it but it hasn't ben taking the best of pictures - still working on the settings

Old 07-20-2003, 05:17 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Canon Powershot G3

Gorgeous pictures. "nuff said!

Old 07-20-2003, 08:40 AM
safetywork is on a distinguished road
I've been using Cannon S30 (3.2 mega Pixel) and just recently purchased a Canon S50 (5.0 mega Pixel). So far the Cannons have been very reliable and have taken great pictures, plus they're been extremely durable. Got the S50 recently because I need the S30 for work and the wife wanted one for herself. This way we can share the memory cards and battery as well as the chargers.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:33 AM
doncapecod
Pistol...pls let me know one way or the other if you got a chance to check out the Consumer Reports reviews.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Robert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to behold
For day to day shots an old Leica Digilux 4.3; for engineering a Hasselblad H1 with a Kodak 645 back (nothing currently better that is untethered -- by the end of the year, however, a Leaf back will be available with a bigger chip and over 20 nillion pixels).

Old 07-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Barrett is on a distinguished road
Check out dpreview.com

The website I consulted in choosing a digital camera was www.dpreview.com. It has very comprehensive reviews of almost all the digital cameras currently (and previously) on the market, complete with sample galleries of photos shot with each camera.

I have the Sony Cybershot F-717, which is an 10x zoom and 5 megapixels. I've been very happy with it. The resolution is amazing.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OT: What digital camera do you guys use?

Originally posted by Pistol
I am in the market for a new Digital Camera. I would like to know what cameras you guys use and why you chose that camera? What features are most important and what company is the most reliable?

Thanks
I've been using a Sony DSC-F707 with good results. Excellent battery life between charges.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:32 PM
Aron is on a distinguished road
My Canon S100 has been great for almost 3 years. If I had to replace it I would get the new S400. As mentioned above, dpreview.com has greate digi cam reviews.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Allart is on a distinguished road
Nikon D1x.

Use www.dpreview.com for your research. You can spend between $100 and $10000 for a digicam. Kinda like the difference between a Yugo and an Enzo. What's the best one? Depends on who you ask, what kind of money you have to play with and what you're looking for.

In general, Nikon and Canon make great cameras...

Old 07-24-2003, 04:42 PM
C4C_leon is on a distinguished road
For a good, cheap (relatively), reliable all around camera, I recommend the Canon Powershot G3. You can take all sorts and sizes of still pictures, plus some MPEG video. Battery life is very good, specially of you don't use the LCD screen. Do not go for the G5, the resolution if about the same (no big difference between 4 and 5 megapixel) and the G5 is slower, so you have to wait longer between shots. Specially if you take"continuous" pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT: What digital camera do you guys use?