996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Codes - Durametric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Rupertlove is on a distinguished road
Codes - Durametric

996 C2 1998
Looking for advice for clearing code P1602 (short to earth) which prevents clearing of the air bag warning light.
Apparently it triggers sometimes when the battery is repeatedly disconected or when the DME is disconnected.
My Durametric diagnoses it OK...But the question is; how do we turn off code 1602. Anyone done it ?
cheers, Rupert

Old 01-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Never had to deal with this code but it arises from loss of battery power.

P1602 Voltage Supply - Open Circuit.

As long as the car is not acting up you can try driving the car around just normally and see if the code goes away.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Rupertlove is on a distinguished road
Code P1602

Yes, thats the one Macster.
Have tried driving around. No go.
Next, I'll clean the battery terminals and recharge. . Its already at 13.2 v . and starts the car well. With the exception of the ABWL, no electrical faults.(although theres an unknown electric motor under the dash which comes on when key is switched to ign..sounds like the fan at slow speed...may be normal)...
Anyway, I dont anticipate battery failure is the problem.
If I could only turn P1602 off with the Durametric...but I dont understand how...
Thanks for responding Macster
Rupert

Originally Posted by Macster
Never had to deal with this code but it arises from loss of battery power.

P1602 Voltage Supply - Open Circuit.

As long as the car is not acting up you can try driving the car around just normally and see if the code goes away.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rupertlove
Yes, thats the one Macster.
Have tried driving around. No go.
Next, I'll clean the battery terminals and recharge. . Its already at 13.2 v . and starts the car well. With the exception of the ABWL, no electrical faults.(although theres an unknown electric motor under the dash which comes on when key is switched to ign..sounds like the fan at slow speed...may be normal)...
Anyway, I dont anticipate battery failure is the problem.
If I could only turn P1602 off with the Durametric...but I dont understand how...
Thanks for responding Macster
Rupert
Well, I have no experience with the Durametric but a simple (?) clear DTCs or clear fault codes operation should have the error code gone.