996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

input shaft bearing 99 c4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:30 PM
nyjetfan is on a distinguished road
input shaft bearing 99 c4

Has any one had Transmission issues "noise" that could be from the Shaft bearing? and any recommendations for a repair shop, I am in the central valley California

Old 09-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nyjetfan
Has any one had Transmission issues "noise" that could be from the Shaft bearing? and any recommendations for a repair shop, I am in the central valley California
Are you sure the noise is from the transmission input shaft and its bearings?

The AWD models can develop a problem with the cardan shaft and its bearings. They can also develop a problem with the front diff.

Then of course there is always the rear diff and the tranny and of course the tranny has the input shaft.

Might mention too that for every input shaft that fails a larger number of water pumps, idler roller bearings, and other things fail that can have one suspecting the transmission when of course the problem lies elsewhere.

Central valley, huh? All I'm familiar with is the Fresno Porsche dealer and the one up in Sacramento (or in a town on the outskirts of Sacramento). I have no Porsche indy recommendations to make.

(Well, not the central valley that's for sure, but there was (and probably still is but I haven't been through there for a few years now) a shop in Tehachapi that did some Porsche work. The owner was kind enough to lift my Turbo and inspect the car when it developed a noise that proved to be a bad idler roller bearing. Sorry, but I can't recall the name of the shop.)

If the diagnosis proves to be with the tranny you might ask around at the various BMW and M-B dealers in your area where they send manual transmissions for rebuilds and get a recommendation.

Oh, I checked the Guard Transmission's web site for shops it recognizes for installing its parts and there are these:

IPB Autosport
Ron Kain
1206 C Street
Sacramento,CA 95814
(916) 453-1465

This shop is in the bay area of course not in the central valley.

Jerry Woods Enterprises
Jerry
491 McGlincey Lane #1
Campbell,CA,95008
(408) 369-9607

There are a few other shops in CA but I think these are located in southern CA.

Here's the link and you can search out a shop:

http://www.guardtransmissionllc.com/dealers/

Old 10-17-2015, 01:32 PM
nyjetfan is on a distinguished road
Help once again! anyone ever hear of front Differential A bearing failure on a 99 C4? and can it be just replaced ? thank you for any advice or help