996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Bay area headlight restoration?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 03:34 PM
MikeInSF is on a distinguished road
Bay area headlight restoration?

Hi, I'm looking for a good headlight restoration for my Porsche C4S headlights in the San Francisco/Bay area - any recommendations?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MikeInSF
Hi, I'm looking for a good headlight restoration for my Porsche C4S headlights in the San Francisco/Bay area - any recommendations?
The detailer used by the local (Burlingame) Porsche dealer should be able to restore the headlights for you, if they are restorable.

I dare say there are probably several shops closer to SF than Burlingame that could do the job. Touch base with car dealers located in the city and see where they send cars to have the headlights restored.

This headlight restoration is being offered by dealers/detailers more and more often now. My local (Livermore) dealer says its detailer that handles Porsches and other cars from the other dealers nearby can now do this. I have not yet had this done to my cars.

The outer surface can be restored. There is the question of a restoration addressing any discoloration on the inside surface. You'll have to speak with the headlight restoration person and get his opinion as to whether he can help your car's headlights.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:57 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Grab a drill and the 3M kit. It works well. Just make sure you add UV protection.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Volkers is just really niceVolkers is just really niceVolkers is just really niceVolkers is just really nice
Just a personal experience note: I was told my 2002 996 Cab headlights had internal "marbeling" and could not be restored by a " professional " headlight restorer here in Nashville. I obtained 3000 grit and 2000 grit wet sandpaper as well as a Maguire headlight restore kit and got them to look as good as new. Just takes a little time and effort. Don't let them fool you.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6887.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	432285  
Old 11-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Looks new. Good job.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:47 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Volkers
nice job !!
what is the amber tint?, is that a stick on?
I was considering going with a 7% gray tint, very similar to euro side markers to protect my headlights, they are still in good shape.
Opinions on tinting headlights anyone ????

Old 11-12-2015, 08:18 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Volkers
nice job !!
what is the amber tint?, is that a stick on?
I was considering going with a 7% gray tint, very similar to euro side markers to protect my headlights, they are still in good shape.
Opinions on tinting headlights anyone ????
Yes, please tell us what the yellow tint is. It looks great.