996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Window Regulator Replacement Time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911C4S
How does one know if you have to replace a window regulator? Thanks
There are several symptoms that could indicate a failing window regulator. The most common symptoms include: a "crunching" sound from the door when lowering or raising the window, and/or the window failing to drop when the door handle is pulled to allow it to clear the weather strip.

The failure of the window to drop can also be caused by a bad microswitch in the door handle. If it's the regulator, then you can generally push the window down manually and it will raise to the correct position when you close the door.

Last edited by Dennis C; 02-17-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:16 AM
charha01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by charha01
Anyone in the Seattle area open to helping me reset this (if you have a Durametric device).
Chris' German Auto in Bellevue will reset my airbag light so I don't have to buy the Durametric device. I have enough "one time" use tools laying around my garage from cars I no longer own, so I'm happy that I don't have to buy another one. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es/smLach2.gif