996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Thoughts on 996 warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 PM
bk9
bk9 will become famous soon enoughbk9 will become famous soon enough
Thoughts on 996 warranty?

So I had basically decided to buy a higher mileage C4s, but was ok with it because it was certified. Now, I'm tempted to go w/ a very low mileage GORGEOUS (nicely modded) C4s that has been meticulously cared for. No rms history, nothing bad service-wise, but it's out of warranty in June or so.

Anyone have some real thoughts on purchasing a used C4s that will be out of warranty soon? Other than RMS issues, are there any other typical problems that I should expect?

thanks all!

Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Angry I never buy another porsche with out of warranty.

I had purchased the extended warranty from Porsche for $3000, hoping that when my warranty runs out, the 3rd party warranty will kick in. Today i found out that some parts inside the car are not covered by this (they called it top of the line warranty, Gold ) warranty. Dealer said on the contract it says they don't cover cosmetics. And parts inside car are cosmetic parts.

That is so rediculous.

They sell it to you really good, but when you go to use it, they get you.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I would be very concerned about owning a 996 out of warranty. I've ownd 2, both have required at least 2 transmissions and have been in for service of other issues almost monthly. My concern would be a motor or trans, unless those are covered by a warranty, I'd be very concerned about a huge bill in my future...

Old 12-24-2005, 12:26 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
I bought a C4 and got the Porsche certified warranty....It covers most everything, at least everything I needed it for, including a new engine....Ask your local Porsche dealer to buy it and you buy it from them...it will cost you a few grand more, but you will get the Porsche warranty...