996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Help!! Has anyone put Carrera IV's on your early 996 NB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:39 AM
Saratoga is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!! Has anyone put Carrera IV's on your early 996 NB?

I have been searching and reading for days trying to figure out my specific wheel tire challenge, and have not found the answer. I see lots of vague info, and some misinformation out there. If anyone has specific experience with this exact setup I am trying to accomplish, please chime in!

My car is a 99 Narrow Body. I purchased a set of Carrera IV rims(lobster forks), from a 2009 997.

The factory twists on my car are:
7.5" ET50 Front
10" ET65 Rear

The Carrera IV's are:
8" ET57 Front
10.5" ET60 Rear

I am concerned about the fitment of the wheels/tires and the clearance, especially on the rear. The Carrera IV's are 10.5 ET60, which results in 11mm increase(I believe this is the case per http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#) in the wheel moved towards the outside. I have 265/35 18's on the stock wheels. It looks like there is little room between the fender and the tire as it sits stock.

I do not want to roll my fenders. My suspension is stock. I understand the 2002 and up have factory rolled fenders, which of course allows for wider wheels/tires/offsets.

I would like to go with a bit wider rear tire, but I am hoping not to buy tires and find out they wont work.... I am actually concerned that the stock 265/35 might not work....

Does anyone out there have this specific setup and can offer some guidance from known fact, because you have already done it?

I think for the front I can use 5mm spacers to help with the 13mm that the IV's will have to the inside inset and 1mm from the outside of the wheel to the inset.

I appreciate your help!

Last edited by Saratoga; 04-20-2017 at 06:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.