996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Speedo Cluster - Odometer not displaying!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 PM
blackonblack996 is on a distinguished road
Speedo Cluster - Odometer not displaying!

Guys, does anyone know what the root cause is on a speedometer BARELY showing up? I can read it, but only in daylight. Last week, it looked blank, I smacked the dashboard on that side and it came on. Later that day, I noticed it was not displaying again.

I just removed the cluster for inspection, but honestly, I don't know what I'm looking for at this point other than pin inspection or maybe cleaning them and plugging it back in.

Also, I noticed today that my digital clock is no longer showing.

I'm very disappointed at some of the dumbest things that die out on this car with just 112K on it. LOVE driving it - hate fixing dumb things. (That includes the engine rebuild at 96K.)

Old 06-20-2017, 11:00 PM
blackonblack996 is on a distinguished road
Found it. There is a set of bulbs on the back of the cluster itself. What are the odds that 2 of these went out within 1 day of each other? Answer: 100%!
Cheapest Porsche 911 fix in history? Hopefully.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 AM
bonnie sacer is an unknown quantity at this point
it happens sometime. but it's hard to confirm where the problem is. I'm afraid you need to search for some instructions information to find out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.