996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Gundo Hack / Tampa Area ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 PM
gaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these parts
Gundo Hack / Tampa Area ?

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of someone that actually knows how to do a Gundo or Fister hack in the Tampa Florida area ? I'd prefer if it were near Palm Harbor if possible. I've called and gone to a few different places and when I tried to explain what I needed the eyes just start glazing over. I know it's Florida but there has to be somebody in this area that has enough knowhow to get this done.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Old 08-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Jeremyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems pretty straight forward, weld a small bypass pipe between the 2 pipes. Any shop should be able to do it. Maybe if you removed the mufflers and brought them to them they would understand?

Old 08-29-2017, 06:58 AM
gaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these partsgaffa is infamous around these parts
Seems pretty straight forward, weld a small bypass pipe between the 2 pipes. Any shop should be able to do it. Maybe if you removed the mufflers and brought them to them they would understand?
It is straight forward but I have no tools per se as we only reside in Florida part time and I don't want to mess around with it, would rather just pay someone to do it right. If I can't locate a suitable place I may just give it a pass and spend on a Fabspeed.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:44 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Show your muffler shop this picture. Fister uses 1.75 inch diameter pipe for the connecting piece. Should be very easy for a shop to do.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.