996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

pcodes :1219, 1577, 1578

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 PM
m1c2 is on a distinguished road
pcodes :1219, 1577, 1578

pls help, got pcode 1219, 1577, 1578. know where to get replacement parts? thanks

Old 10-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m1c2
pls help, got pcode 1219, 1577, 1578. know where to get replacement parts? thanks
Believe the problem is with the pedal position sensor: 996 606 115 01.

Item "10" in this diagram:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=702-10

Pretty expensive part. At the above site $935.

At this price you want to be sure it needs replacement.

My reference offers this: Clear codes. Do an E-Gas calibration. Afterwards check for any codes.

If you do the above and you get the same codes the problem is probably (probably) with the pedal position sensor.

Pelican Parts might offer the part. (I looked but didn't find it otherwise I'd offer a link.)

You might find a VW/Audi part that is a suitable replacement and available at a reduced price but I have no VW/Audi part # to offer you.

A very patient/helpful and experienced VW/Audi parts department person with the old Porsche part to go by might recognize a possible VW/Audi part but I can't guarantee this.

You might consider buying a part off a salvage vehicle. Check ads in Excellence and Panorama for Porsche salvage business ads and contact the ones nearest you and ask about the part, cost, and if there is any warranty if say the used part is DOA.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Macster
Believe the problem is with the pedal position sensor: 996 606 115 01.

Item "10" in this diagram:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=702-10

Pretty expensive part. At the above site $935.

At this price you want to be sure it needs replacement.

My reference offers this: Clear codes. Do an E-Gas calibration. Afterwards check for any codes.

If you do the above and you get the same codes the problem is probably (probably) with the pedal position sensor.

Pelican Parts might offer the part. (I looked but didn't find it otherwise I'd offer a link.)

You might find a VW/Audi part that is a suitable replacement and available at a reduced price but I have no VW/Audi part # to offer you.

A very patient/helpful and experienced VW/Audi parts department person with the old Porsche part to go by might recognize a possible VW/Audi part but I can't guarantee this.

You might consider buying a part off a salvage vehicle. Check ads in Excellence and Panorama for Porsche salvage business ads and contact the ones nearest you and ask about the part, cost, and if there is any warranty if say the used part is DOA.
Thanks Macster, definitely going to check other causes. i've search the part and only found it in few sites, and for sure it ain't cheap. i've seen mostly used parts. wondering if this is a common issues? i have 2000 c2 with 69k.
appreciate the input. thanks...

Old 10-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m1c2
Thanks Macster, definitely going to check other causes. i've search the part and only found it in few sites, and for sure it ain't cheap. i've seen mostly used parts. wondering if this is a common issues? i have 2000 c2 with 69k.
appreciate the input. thanks...
My impression mainly from what I gather from problem reports here and elsewhere is it is not that common a problem.

'course, if yours is acting up it is common enough.

To state the obvious you want to as best you can eliminate other possible causes/explanations as replacement parts ain't cheap.

To confirm the pedal position sensor is the source of the problem (or exonerate it) probably requires the skills/experience and tools a professional Porsche tech has. Primarily I'm thinking the Porsche diagnostic computer might offer him the ability to query for any error codes that are Porsche specific and shed some light on the problem.

Also, the odds are this is not his first rodeo and maybe he knows of something else that account for the error codes?

Last edited by Macster; 10-28-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Macster
My impression mainly from what I gather from problem reports here and elsewhere is it is not that common a problem.

'course, if yours is acting up it is common enough.

To state the obvious you want to as best you can eliminate other possible causes/explanations as replacement parts ain't cheap.

To confirm the pedal position sensor is the source of the problem (or exonerate it) probably requires the skills/experience and tools a professional Porsche tech has. Primarily I'm thinking the Porsche diagnostic computer might offer him the ability to query for any error codes that are Porsche specific and shed some light on the problem.

Also, the odds are this is not his first rodeo and maybe he knows of something else that account for the error codes?

Thanks again, definitely have to get it check by a pro. It's just so strange all of a sudden it's acting up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.