996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Have your headlights been stolen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 04:19 PM
WARDHOG will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2454549732

This clown should be reported to Miami/Dade police. Scratched Litronics/Xenons, couple of clips broken and notice his other items - nothing even closely related. Got to be some hot ones.
Hey Eric, I'm with you on that and I already sent this guy a letter. Here's a copy;

Hey buddy,
Those lights you seem be to be hawking are questionable if they've be stolen or not so a couple of my friends from Miami Dade Metro will asking you questions about your recent purchase from that "garage sale". Us Porsche guys are pissed and don't take this very lightly(no pun intended) because we work hard for our cars. This is a very big concern regarding the stealing of the lights out of the cars by Porsche manufacture and they may be contacting law enforcement also concerning light thefts in your area. So, please feel free to to answer the investigator's questions on your lights. Thanks,
DWARDHOG

Old 01-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Strange, he has perfect feedback. Unlikely for a crook.

Old 01-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback is derived by supplying exactly what is shown on the eBay auction to the highest bidder, without delay. That's all there is to it. Means nothing about the goods being hot.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
The seller is in Florida and is selling used Bi-Xenons with damage on them from a garage sale. Guilty as charged.

None of the damage is consistent with prying out a headlight. The broken plastic clips have nothing to do with the way that style headlight is locked in place.

I have the old style headlight with the same type of damage. My car was in an accident. It has scratches on the lense and broken clips for the back of the housing - just like the ebay ones. I replaced the headlights and kept the old ones. I am going to get rid of them at the next garage sale. Or maybe list them on ebay. Jeff

Last edited by Tool Pants; 01-18-2004 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
"The previous owner stated that he is a mechanic and the porsche that these lights came from was damaged on the garage property. I was told that these lights were replaced with new ones and he was selling the discarded ones. As one is scratched and both are damaged, I believe that to be true. I was not aware that these are popular items for thieves and would not want to sell these unless they were damaged and would not promote crime. They are AS-IS, NO RETURN items and not stolen, to the best of my knowledge. Please bid accordingly."

I have been given Porsche parts that were going to be thrown by mechanic or body shop friends. Sometimes they want to sell the part for a buck or two. Where I live we also have swap/flea markets for Porsche parts. Been doing this for almost 5 years. A crashed damaged headlight is not a warranty replacement. The customer pays. Customer does not want the parts. They show up on ebay if they are not thrown in the trash.

I have parts in my garage that were in the trash cans in each stall at my dealer. Why. We work on cars together and if there is a little 50 cent part we need I may have it, or you pay $$$ from a dealer to buy the entire assembly as you cannot buy just the 50 cent part. I do ask if I can have the part in the trash.

You are the clowns for jumping to conclusions. Jeff