996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Have your headlights been stolen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 05:10 PM
meiwah98 is on a distinguished road
Have your headlights been stolen?

This is pretty iritating. Be careful you guys, especially in FLORIDA!
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/7688586.htm

Old 01-12-2004, 06:16 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Acura seems to be a big target up here in NY.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
This is why I always remove my headlights when I park my car! Let's see my friends laugh at me now! I'll be the 911 with the headlights still!

Pictures from Toolpants

Last edited by Itzkirb; 01-12-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:11 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
very sad

Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
This happened to me last winter! We have a place on Key Biscayne so I send my car down for the winter. Last year I had a new TT coupe. Thieves tried to steal the headlights, but a security guy scared them off. Unfortunately, they scratched the fender from trying to pry a screwdriver under the light. I had the fender repainted at Countach in Coral Gables too! In our building alone, there have been several incidents, but none this year.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Itzkirb
This is why I always remove my headlights when I park my car! Let's see my friends laugh at me now! I'll be the 911 with the headlights still!

Pictures from Toolpants
LOL Kirby and there I was thinking you were doing one of those Supra-style DIY cold air intake systems...

Old 01-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
Start checking your car for Kirby's finger prints if anything is missing.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM
ZX7R is on a distinguished road

Looks like Kirby only managed to get our stock headlights and not the Xenons

Old 01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
ARGHHH! I need some Xenons!

Old 01-13-2004, 05:27 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I just read that... great, just focking great!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Glad I don't have the Xenons.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:15 AM
TSP-MIAMI is on a distinguished road
Found out yesterday from a source/client, the ones that are doing the stealing are not your typical Miami homeboy, street thugs. To my dismay, I learned the thieves are no more than spoiled, bored rich kids with nothing better to do.

Putting the Litronic set ups on a variety of cars or selling them to body shops who don't want to pay top dollar from the dealer. The cops have to focus on the " fast and the furious " type gangs here. Apparently there has been some " communication " if you will with the car gangs and the rich brats.

Theo

Old 01-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Since our headlights are housed in Plastic, I would consider ingraving my name on the back of the unit. Maybe even spray paint it a bright color. Just another thing those punks would have to deal with when trying to sell stolen lights.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:17 PM
C4C_leon is on a distinguished road

From the article:
even put a sticker on the lenses announcing that the lights were not high intensity. Thieves pried them off, anyway, then dumped them.
''These guys can't read,'' Hudak said
Seriously though, if I catch one of those SOBs near my headlights with a screwdriver, I'll shove it up his toolkit.

Old 01-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2454549732

This clown should be reported to Miami/Dade police. Scratched Litronics/Xenons, couple of clips broken and notice his other items - nothing even closely related. Got to be some hot ones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have your headlights been stolen?