996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche Babe - Anymore progress?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:56 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC is on a distinguished road
Porsche Babe - Anymore progress?

PB,
Waiting to see what wing you decided on...have you updated your pics page?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is on a distinguished road
Decisions - Decisions

Thank you for asking....
Well the interior is put back in painted & White gauges, Silver emblem on Horn Pad - It looks amazing.. I haven't decided on a stereo system as of yet.. It seems I can't get want I want which is a non pop-up screen... Alpine, Sony and all the rest have only pop-up screens.. I have no interest in electronics which makes it even harder to decide.. I must do more research.
The wing??? .
The aero wing is off - I have decided on two wings... One of which has to be fabricated to fit. Which means big $$$$. I waiting to hear the final numbers before I make my final decision.(I'm never getting to PDE if I keep this up.) The other, I just have to bring in from Germany, its made for the Cab.
As for the exhaust... Cargraphic is keeping me busy so I have to set time aside to install it.
Once the exhaust is done I have drive the car to have the coil overs installed and the car set-up. Then the big job of installing the 996TT Big Red brakes...
Six more weeks of Winter.. I don't think I'm gonna make it

Last edited by Porsche Babe; 02-03-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:35 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
hey michele.

i'd think twice about installing the big reds. i did it and braking didn't improve and 25 to 30 lbs of precious unsprung weight was added. if i was doing it again, i'd just put on the red calipers and call it a day.

ps. if you're planning on doing any PCA stuff, you'll be hammered point wise for the worthless brake addition which most likely decreases performance anyway.

Old 02-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Michele,
RobynC has a kickass system in her ride and it has a non-pop out screen...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=RobynC
I'm with Ben, if the Big Reds don't add a discernable performance difference, then just paint the calipers...Sandoval does an AMAZING JOB.

Old 02-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Hey Michele -

I forgot about that post a while back with the pics. That shows the screen, the shop did a really nice, clean job.

I have to comment on one thing, NO SONY! Really, their products in my opinion, suck. It depends on what you want in the car, what music you listen to, how loud you listen to it and how much you wish to spend. These are three questions a good stereo shop "should" ask. Popping the "best/most expensive" hardware in your car may not make you happy listener. I have been more then happy with my Alpine equipment. But, I have a mishmosh of speakers. Focal, A/D/S, Eclipse and JL

Although I like the pop-out versions, I like this setup, it works for me and I wasn't worried about losing a cubby. You know my feeling about a touch screen, although cool because you don't have to be concerned with where the remote is now hiding behind, underneath, etc...the fingerprints would drive my crazy!

If I have anymore pictures, I'll email them to you.

Old 02-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RobynC

I have to comment on one thing, NO SONY! Really, their products in my opinion, suck.
I will second that... avoid Sony. Their mobile AV quality has really taken a nose dive.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:15 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
yep, i pass on sony every chance i get too. they left quality behind quite a while ago especially in their computer equipment.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Moderatorette
Stereo System

Okay point taken Sony is out.... Thanks for you thoughts I need all the help I can get with this. Heres the deal...
I have nav in my 986S and love it, that is why i want the nav is my 996. I don't know much about electronics period. I listen to DJ Bad Boy Joe mixes (Freestyle, Club mixes), classic rock (Boston, Journey etc.) I want something that is user friendly, sounds crisp, and can hear over my exhaust system with the top dropped. I figured I would add the DVD because I want the nav...
I spoke to one company and he was telling me about MP3 player and hard drive.. etc. TOO much tech for me.. I just want to press play... I don't want a 1,000 lb system or a $5,000 set-up.... He kept telling me that he would do it. Another comapny quoted me $3,600 with the pop-up 7" alpine, CD Changer, Nav, Sat. radio & headunit. I don't know, its becoming frustating....

Robyn your set-up is sweet. Very clean, looks great, Perfect installation. Do you think Ithat your screen is still available? What is the model number?
I went to the the thread that 01 C4 cab NYC posted & printed out the break down of your system. I guess I look around this weekend. There are so many choices it becomes overwhelming.
Robyn, I'm sending you a pm...
Now I'm up in the air about the brakes.. Must do more research..

Hey 01 C4 Cab NYC - got pics?

Old 02-03-2004, 04:30 PM
One of my favorite pics...

Hoping to get the matching winter photo soon...
Pretty much a stock C4 cab, with some options... heated/memory/elec seats, xenox w. washers, full leather, 3 spoke wheel, silver trim rings, tinted windows, ipod with the stock stereo. Was thinking about adding a nav sys, but since its a lease, couldn't justify the doh! Only thing that is still on my mind are 5 spoke carrera light weights to use as summer rims/tires, since my turbo twists have gotten scuffed since I put the snow tires on...

Old 02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Moderatorette
Thats a GREAT pic.. Post the winter shot, now is the time
My car is also a lease... I just take whatever parts I can off and sell them if I don't decide to keep the car. I probably will because I'm not that excited about the 997..
You should get the wheels you can always take them off and sell them on ebay

Old 02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
loliver is on a distinguished road
I am looking at the new Eclipse nav 7" screen in my GT2. It is a pop out in reverse. The screen is always out but flips down to access Cd slot. The AC controls would move down to where the cd storage thing is.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
sentipede is on a distinguished road
loliver, do you have a pic of the Eclipse head unit? flips down?

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Moderatorette
Question Rosen Entertainment Systems

Heard about this company, does anyone have any information?
Here is the link to the system I like...
[http://www.rosenentertainment.com/rosenindash-r6500.htm[/URL]
Check it out..

Old 02-04-2004, 06:14 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
very purdy

Old 02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Love that GT3 Bumper!

What are they doing with your gas cover? Was there a reason they removed it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Babe - Anymore progress?