996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Another $199 B&M Special underway now!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'd suggest either alumalook or exterior color, with silver exterior and black interior....ties it all together nicely.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
anyone in the So Cal area that knows how to install the shift kit wanna help a newbie DIY lame a$$?

I am just horrible at DIY and I know if I attempt this relatively "easy" install I will mess something up. Anyone around So Cal that definitely knows how to do this easy and smoothly...and can help me? I am hesistating on buying the kit since I wont have anyway to install and I dont want to take it to a shop or the dealer to get raped.

I can pick up lunch or dinner? Any kind souls out there...anyone in the holiday DIY mood?

If I can get someone to volunteer..I will order the kit immediately. I am just lame...and a chicken.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AsianImage
anyone in the So Cal area that knows how to install the shift kit wanna help a newbie DIY lame a$$?

I am just horrible at DIY and I know if I attempt this relatively "easy" install I will mess something up. Anyone around So Cal that definitely knows how to do this easy and smoothly...and can help me? I am hesistating on buying the kit since I wont have anyway to install and I dont want to take it to a shop or the dealer to get raped.

I can pick up lunch or dinner? Any kind souls out there...anyone in the holiday DIY mood?

If I can get someone to volunteer..I will order the kit immediately. I am just lame...and a chicken.
Dude... I would just pay for the install. I had it done at Sharky's for $200, it's not that bad.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Dude... I would just pay for the install. I had it done at Sharky's for $200, it's not that bad.
$200 for the kit and $200 for the install...$400 total.

Where in So Cal could I have it installed?

$200 is still $200...I rather save the extra money for something else...take a fellow 6speeder to lunch or dinner and make a friendship...much better option.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:50 AM
caninefinest is infamous around these parts
Hello new guy here just wanted I got my B&M from Eric, great guy to work with, plus I got a military discount. Cool guy.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Asianimage
Check with Lucent our board sponser or Scientific Automotive in Pasadena. If you buy me lunch I'll help you watch the install.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AsianImage

I'm in the same boat here, only I need a kind soul closer to the Philadelphia area. Every time Eric posts this deal, I want to pull the trigger, but I know this is beyond my skill level, and I don't really want to drop another $200 on the install..

Dinner? A couple of lap dances at Delilahs?

Old 12-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
guys... its not that hard. The more you dive into modding, the better you get to know your cars...and this will save you money in the long run. You will know if your getting ripped off by others who will take advantage of non DIY. If you just try and follow instructions you should have no issues... worst case there are plenty of people here that can answer your install questions...PM me if any... go buy one, install it, and I gaurantee you will fall deeper in love w/your Pcar more than ever.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
Asianimage
Check with Lucent our board sponser or Scientific Automotive in Pasadena. If you buy me lunch I'll help you watch the install.
Ok will do that...unless they see this and want to PM me with a quote?

Old 12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
OK I did it....I ordered it.

I emailed Arling at Lucent...and his price is comparable to the rest and I dont mind supporting a site sponsor so all is good in the world.

Thank you Bumperplugs for the great offer. I cant wait to experience the "greatest mod known to P cars!"

Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
The install is not that hard. Have confidence. The instructions that come with the kit are very straight forward, and clear.

The hard parts are:
removing the cable clips and cable from the shifter housing and
cutting out the old bushings to remove the original shift lever.
Even still these steps are not that difficult.

Besure to start the job when you will have plenty of light to work in. Take your time. Play some music, have a beer. Work slowly and methodically. It shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours for a first timer.

Andy

Old 12-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Payment Sent! Oh I cant wait to slap that monkey around!

Thanks Eric, great deal, great website.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
I just ordered one too ...had to see what all the fuss was about

I'm going the DIY route too, you two chickens should man up and give it a go. I ran across a full color photo tutorial the other day and it looks pretty cut and dry. If i can dig up the link i'll post it.

BTW, props to Eric for getting my order FAST!!! i got my fedex tracking number only a few hours after i paid...A+ my man!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
"I'm going the DIY route too, you two chickens should man up and give it a go. I ran across a full color photo tutorial the other day and it looks pretty cut and dry. If i can dig up the link i'll post it."

that's funny.

I was going to tell them the same thing right after AsianImage bought my lunch.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 AM
cluck cluck cluck....

call me chicken...knowing myself..I would either lose a bolt, break a clip or scratch the hell out of my painted center console...

and yeah this mod is like crack...seems everyone loves it...I cant wait to FEEL IT!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another $199 B&M Special underway now!!!