996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Agency Power rear control arms installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Also Dan, I heard that there are optional rubber boots for the arm ends, protecting them from water dirt etc. Have you heard of this?

the only one's i've seen with the rubber boot are the ERP links.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
There was a talk, but I will not be moving AP product. I was mislead to the relationship of Vivid and AP. One in the same. Disappointing to say the least. I do not like to be lied to.

http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgii...57&type=L.L.C.

http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgii...76&type=L.L.C.
ouch!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Brucem
iF YOU LOOK AT THE photos you will see where they mount and it is not on the body of the car, but the subframe. That part will break before it damages the frame of the car (that is what I was informed about).

bruce. keep an eye on them. they do break. a local dude tracks his car with these same AP links and they break. the aluminum rods are fine but it's the heim joints that aren't up to the task.

Last edited by karlooz; 12-15-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
everything we do we have to keep an eye on, so I understand that. I mean majority of "racing" type products that are to be used for the track are not designed to last for 100,000 miles like alot of other parts. So we put some wear and tear and additional miles on the prducts that what it may have been designed to see. Thanks for the heads up Carlos!

I knew all along that AP and vivid were similar owners.. smart to market product with different name and show it is a separate entitiy. That way it can be sold by vivid and other dealers. Otherwise if you have a vivid line of products people may not know they can get it through other dealers.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 AM
3arna is infamous around these parts
how much are those links

Old 12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aracerx
That is precisely my point in the original thread. EVERYTHING we change on these machines has a payback, to a point!
Yup, I had the exact same thing happen to my car at the track. Only damage was to the control arm. $400 dollars later I was back in business. The $400 was all inclusive for the arm and the track alignment.