996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tubi On Its Way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:37 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL you guys are too funny Oh for sure we'll pop that on and see what you think. I know for a fact it's going to sound a LOT better than the Gemballa. I've heard both and the Tubi is definately more my cup of tea
i wanted the tubi, and gmg performance told me they didnt make one for an NA 996. so i got the gemballa instead because it does sound a lot like the 997 tubi. i wish i had talked to you, but i love the gemballa and am happy with the fit and finish, etc so i cant complain. how much does the tubi go for? my gemballa with the tips was $1850.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:56 AM
SilverBlue is infamous around these parts
I've received quotes from two places for a 996 Tubi exhaust:

$2000 from Champion
$1740 from Brandywine Porsche

Jonathan Miller at BP (on 6speedonline) ordered it for me; I hope they come through...

Old 11-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
I've received quotes from two places for a 996 Tubi exhaust:

$2000 from Champion
$1740 from Brandywine Porsche

Jonathan Miller at BP (on 6speedonline) ordered it for me; I hope they come through...
Ouch... I'm stickin' to my AP Exhaust $695 baby

Old 11-25-2006, 03:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Sharky has no love for my AP exhaust
Hehe.. well the fitment could be better but otherwise it's a good/quiet sound

Old 11-25-2006, 03:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex911s
It's a Shark bite it never heals

Sound clips please!! i love Tubi
I know and I haven't even gotten my teeth into your "new" ride yet

Old 11-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i wanted the tubi, and gmg performance told me they didnt make one for an NA 996. so i got the gemballa instead because it does sound a lot like the 997 tubi. i wish i had talked to you, but i love the gemballa and am happy with the fit and finish, etc so i cant complain. how much does the tubi go for? my gemballa with the tips was $1850.
SilverBlue is on the money. There are two choices at that "level" either the Tech Art or the Tubi. Both of those are not exactly cheap but boy they sound good!

Old 11-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
SilverBlue,
It's already been three whole days, where is this alleged Tubi?

Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I jumped the gun last week, being so excited about the order. Spoke to Jonathan this morning, and he's pretty sure it's been shipped ....

Old 12-01-2006, 01:37 AM
The set arrived on Monday. They look great....

Old 12-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
now where i sthe sound clip?

Old 12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
996 MBA CFA is infamous around these parts
what do the tips look like?

Old 12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zookie
now where i sthe sound clip?
I'm headin' over to John's tonight to see it in person!

Old 12-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
Well,

After riding in Alex's Project White Shark, he lit me up with a flash on the spot

Couldn't stop there; have an intake already so I just needed a performance exhaust to complete the unholy trinity... Tubi on its way after ordering from Jonathan at Brandywine (below list price).

I'll let you know how it goes after it's installed!

John
I just saw John's Tubi mufflers... *drool*. John, thanks for the caps! Uploading some funds to my PayPal now. I may just drop by on Sunday to give you cash + switch those reversed wheels

Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Hehe I told ya' john. Aint those peachy? If only you did the headers too lol

Old 12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Alex,

You're a tease. You talked me out of the headers last month!

Roger,

Great meeting you last night. It's a great local community of Porschephiles we have in our area. Nice to match the 6speed personality to the real person!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi On Its Way