996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tubi On Its Way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 PM
996 MBA CFA is infamous around these parts
Pictures!

Old 12-03-2006, 12:46 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
SilverBlue is on the money. There are two choices at that "level" either the Tech Art or the Tubi. Both of those are not exactly cheap but boy they sound good!
gemballa makes a damn good product. had i known tubi was that price, i would have gotten it. eh...next time.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:29 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
Alex,

You're a tease. You talked me out of the headers last month!

Roger,

Great meeting you last night. It's a great local community of Porschephiles we have in our area. Nice to match the 6speed personality to the real person!
Haha but that was before I knew you were doing a Tubi. Let the girl sing! Well I still have those brand new ones hanging like Xmas ornaments. No rush on those but if you decide you want them then they're there

Old 12-03-2006, 04:19 AM
SilverBlue is infamous around these parts
Alex,

My car is taken apart right now at 1am. #$*^ should have read RockitMan's instructions on Renntech BEFORE starting the muffler install... Don't think I can get it over to your shop for those headers... tempting but "it ain't gonna happen"

Originally Posted by sharkster
Haha but that was before I knew you were doing a Tubi. Let the girl sing! Well I still have those brand new ones hanging like Xmas ornaments. No rush on those but if you decide you want them then they're there

Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Just adding fuel to the fire. Pictures!

Old 12-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
Alex,

My car is taken apart right now at 1am. #$*^ should have read RockitMan's instructions on Renntech BEFORE starting the muffler install... Don't think I can get it over to your shop for those headers... tempting but "it ain't gonna happen"
Hey Sharky,

I dropped by John's this AM for him to help me rotate my front wheels and to help him out on his mufflers, he's pretty much done with the mufflers. Tips don't seem to fit well though

Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
That has got to be frustrating for an exhaust for the price you're paying.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 996 MBA CFA
That has got to be frustrating for an exhaust for the price you're paying.
Looked like the mufflers fit perfectly. I think it's the aftermarket tips. John can speak more to it.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the update. Hope all is well with the exhaust. Maybe it sounds meaner without the tips?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Somebody best be puttin' up some soundclips.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:10 AM
lol. this thread is even making the lurkers register and post. hahaha.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 996 MBA CFA
Thanks for the update. Hope all is well with the exhaust. Maybe it sounds meaner without the tips?
LoL. Donno... looks nice, shiny, and purty on the car though

Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Just to be clear about the tips, they're not Tubis... I didn't know whether or not they offer tips, but I probably wouldn't have bought them anyhow. I had bought some Schnell tips from Sharkey and just assumed they were fine. He gave me a great price on them as their origins were lost after having them in his showroom. So no worries with dealing with Sharkey. We now think they're for a C4S.

I now ordered some Dansk tips from Performance Products and should complete my installation by this weekend.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
I thought this was a tubi full exhaust system but i'm guessing its just tubi mufflers since you're piecing it together. i'm thinking of doing a muffler bypass at this point. still looking forward to the pics when you have them.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Tubi Continued...

I received the Dansk tips in yesterday's UPS delivery. Final assembly happened this morning, just in time for one open-top drive to work, before the rains begin today...

The sound is otherworldly. Not at all like a Porsche....

Last edited by SilverBlue; 02-18-2007 at 08:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi On Its Way