996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Going from Cab. To Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 02:55 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Tpup
I have a Cab with PSE and a TT. The cab is quieter with the top up. It is much quieter with the hard top on.

If you really love convertables, you will miss the cab imo.

Roy
Are you saying the Cab is Quieter than the TT ? i.e. squeaks,rattles..etc

Old 02-15-2004, 11:33 PM
firewired is on a distinguished road
What about a Targa as being a best of all worlds compromise?

Old 02-16-2004, 07:26 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
In my opinion the Targa is just like having a large sunroof, and from what I have read on this and other Boards, It rattles, squeeks,etc,etc. I am not sure of this but I think that there is no shade to close under the Glass panel in the roof, Thus making it very hot sometimes.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Jnx,

If you discount squeaks/rattles, yes. The motor noise, and tire noise, in the cabin of the Turbo is much louder. I have Pirrelli's on the Turbo and MPS on the Cab so that might account for the tire noise. The "wine" from the motor is more pronounced in the Turbo... The only squeaks/rattles I have in the Cab are with the hard top on; and it's pretty bad. I need to take it in and have the dealer fix it and just have not gotten around to it. My comment was more directed at the motor and tire noise.

Roy

Old 02-16-2004, 06:01 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by ben, lj
you'll be back!
Couldn't agree with Ben more! I've made the mistake twice of replacing my Cab with a Coupe and will never do it again. My coupe was great - I especially liked the visibility and airyness (word?) feeling of the light color headliner, but there's just something about being able to put the top down that never gets old! DON'T DO IT!

Old 02-16-2004, 06:45 PM
caf
caf is on a distinguished road
jnx,
I have found that the people that claim the Targas have lots of squeaks and rattles have mostly never owned one or been in one. Most of them seem to be those who owned the old Targa and are nostalgic for the old style, which was based on the less rigid cab platform. On the contrary, I find the new Targas (which are based on the coupe) much tighter and quieter than cabs I've been in. Furthermore, if you think the top is just a "big sunroof" you're missing the point. I find the Targa roof to be extremely nice even when closed, a point that many people miss. Early this morning I looked up through the roof to see the stars overhead, and the Big Dipper right above me. It was 10 degrees F. at the time--try that in a cab!
And buy the way, the Targa has a really nice power sunshade standard.