996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Going from Cab. To Coupe

Old 02-13-2004, 03:48 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Going from Cab. To Coupe

Has anyone done this? Pro's ?con's ? I have an 02 Cab. Tip, and want an 04 Coupe 6-speed, Any opinion welcome. I also searched the archives concerning Porsche Loyalty Rebates and could not find anything. Seems to me I just saw this somewhere, Anyway, does anyone know if these are still out there and if so how does it work? Thanks

Old 02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
I went the other way...

I had a '01 BoxsterS and went to a '02 C4S Coupe. Love the C4S but missed the open top so I now have a '04 C4S Cab. Just waiting for the weather to get better to remove the hardtop

Old 02-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
I went from a Boxster S to a Coupe...and I have no regrets. I have a sun roof, so that compensates somewhat. Someday, I'll have another convertible, but I don't necessarily regret or miss it.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:38 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
How about the quietness of the coupe, You know the Cab. top makes noise, How does the coupe compare?

Old 02-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Banned
eride996 is on a distinguished road
i had a coupe 993 and liked it. i have a cab c4 and love it, but i live at the beach so coastal drives and summer evenings in the city or wherever you are are incredible. it's just the feeling of driving with the top down that feels so good. i would only go back to a coupe because i want a turbo, but can't afford a turbo cab, especially after mods.

pros to a coupe:
1) lighter for performance reasons
2) quieter
3) better spacing for subwoofers if a sound system is important.

pros to cab:
1) love the breeze (enjoying life) absolutely priceless.
2) like porsche said "the ultimate tanning machine"
3) lines on the car is sleeker.

cons to coupe:
1) no breeze like cab.

cons to cab:
1) heavier
2) everyone stares (all up in your business)
3) insurance is slightly higher
4) need extra space to store your hard top.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:42 PM
bayarea jimmy is on a distinguished road
I have the 03 C4S coupe since last June, it comes with a taut sport suspension and I can sure feel every expansion joins on the road. I would expect something will shake loose and rattle, 9350 miles & counting, the car is solid as day one. love it!

Old 02-13-2004, 05:51 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
you'll be back!

Old 02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I went from a 996 cab to a 996tt couple. Really missed the open cockpit, but then they didn't have a cab. Now that I have "invested" all my 401K in the TT I am committed to be buried in it.

Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Cab to Coupe? It just depends on your personality.

In my case I went from a Cab to a Coupe and have never looked back; I don't even have a sunroof. I haven't missed the open top at all.

Old 02-13-2004, 06:20 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"1) lighter for performance reasons"

i don't exactly have a striper and i'm down to near 3200 wet which isn't too far off the coupes.

"2) like porsche said 'the ultimate tanning machine'"

that's bmw's ad not porsches :-)

"4) need extra space to store your hard top."

who needs a hard top :-)

"3) lines on the car is sleeker."

unless you choose black with a black top. that combo makes it look more like a coupe since the top matches the body.

Old 02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
PDL996 is on a distinguished road
I like the Coupe, sometimes I wish I had a cab. The lines of
the car do not translate as well with the top up. I like the lines
of the car in Coupe form.

Old 02-15-2004, 07:28 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
Why not just get a Cab with hardtop. The best of both worlds.

Perfect with the hardtop during wintertime.

Old 02-15-2004, 09:41 AM
jnx
No, The hard top does not work for me, I do not care for the look. I have a Cab. Now, and like the Look of the Coupe much better, I just can't decide.

Old 02-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I have a Cab with PSE and a TT. The cab is quieter with the top up. It is much quieter with the hard top on.

If you really love convertables, you will miss the cab imo.

Roy

Old 02-15-2004, 11:27 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I agree - cab is a 'feeling'...if i lived in a warm area id definitely get a cab...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going from Cab. To Coupe