996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

more 996 pricing question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by IhuangerI
man thats scary. i have an 01 c2 that just hit 50k, wonder if i can trade that in for a new civic!
From what I can remember correctly, the Porsche market almost always has a correction in the winter season. One of my wholesaler friend usually buys up as much Boxster and 911 inventory as he can in the winter because the price dips, then sells them in the summer when the market goes back up. I think the price dips mainly because there is just so much less demand (god... flashback of econ 101).

In the summertime the price goes back up. No guarantee, but chances are if you can only get $34K for a 911 in the winter, you can probably drive it until the summer and get the same price.

I remember when I was getting my car in the summer the going price was actually a couple grand above KBB

Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
From what I can remember correctly, the Porsche market almost always has a correction in the winter season. One of my wholesaler friend usually buys up as much Boxster and 911 inventory as he can in the winter because the price dips, then sells them in the summer when the market goes back up. I think the price dips mainly because there is just so much less demand (god... flashback of econ 101).

In the summertime the price goes back up. No guarantee, but chances are if you can only get $34K for a 911 in the winter, you can probably drive it until the summer and get the same price.

I remember when I was getting my car in the summer the going price was actually a couple grand above KBB
On the flip side, now will be a good time to haggle with people if you are in the market for a new P-car or convertible.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 PM
MarkT.Bevans+ is infamous around these parts
Most resale prices do not make much sense, right?
Look at the prices people are getting for the 993's, heck they're as much as the 996's, and guess what the 996 is, in my mind a better designed car, nicer to drive, etc.
I have heard many times from famous race drivers and people who have driven all models of Porsche's a lot is "Buy the newest Porsche you can afford, you will not be sorry".

Makes sense to me.
Mark

Old 12-12-2006, 08:00 PM
IhuangerI has a spectacular aura aboutIhuangerI has a spectacular aura about
Gotta say, I was a bit concerned when I saw the prices dipping. I paid approx 40k delivered back in Feb for my 01 c2 with 37k miles. However, Arling was right when he told me to just drive it and don't think about it b/c man, nothing feels better than opening that sucker up on the pch.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
IhuangerI has a spectacular aura aboutIhuangerI has a spectacular aura about
btw: roger, love that white man. I was trying to find a white c2 when i bought my seal gray. how are you liking the agency?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by IhuangerI
btw: roger, love that white man. I was trying to find a white c2 when i bought my seal gray. how are you liking the agency?
Hey Ihuanger, I love my C2 as well. It was a love/hate relationship as the CEL light keeps comin' on for silly little things. Couple oxygen sensor and tightening the intake was all it took. I love it again.

I like my Agency Power exhaust, nice low note, nice sound when I floor it, and not too loud so I don't wake the neighbors. The fit is a bit tight as the AP mufflers are wider than the stock. I had no problems with it so far- thank god for heat shields.

Some on the board say it has a farty sound (in some ways it does sound a bit like it). Best way to describe it will be a lower rumble but no as loud. Much lighter than the stock mufflers.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Looking at a 07 C4s a week or 2 ago. The dealer was offering 28k for tradein on a 1999 C2 with 22k miles...$32-34k is retail private party correct?

Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 PM
3arna is infamous around these parts
I'm selling a 2000 c2 track car with 21,000 miles for $55,000 but I have 35,000 in upgades if your car is right and you have the right buyer then you will get what you want. But the average joe won't give you what you want for the car. good luck.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 PM
whatever is infamous around these parts
almost feel like kbb private party is pretty useless now days... even the trade-in value seem kinda high to actual sale value now?

I guess I should just keep on driving it and enjoy the car and wait it out for the right buyer

Old 12-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Jurichar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Some on the board say it has a farty sound (in some ways it does sound a bit like it). Best way to describe it will be a lower rumble but no as loud. Much lighter than the stock mufflers.
Lol, i got called out

Hey Dim... I've been talking w/ the guy from vivid "dan?!?!" He says that after you put a few miles on these agency exhausts they start to liven up a little bit....Did either of you guys notice that w/ your systems?!?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Leviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond repute
hey dave, i'll try to save you the wait. i've been in the market for the right 911 for a long time. i'm still trying to catch a dark blue or black one, but low miles and a hardtop are must-haves. i sent you an email.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jurichar
Lol, i got called out

Hey Dim... I've been talking w/ the guy from vivid "dan?!?!" He says that after you put a few miles on these agency exhausts they start to liven up a little bit....Did either of you guys notice that w/ your systems?!?
I have about 1 or 2K on the exhaust it still sounds the same to me I did notice every time though that the full "exhaust" sound does not kick until I drive for 5-10 mins after I start the car.

My friend's Fabspeed mufflers sound the same right when you start the car vs. after driving a bit. The AP is very quiet when you first start the car. I do have to tell you though the AP is quieter than the Fabspeed. If you like the way your car sounds without mufflers... both the AP and Fab may be too quiet for you...

Maybe the mufflers need to warm up?