996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Track Upgrades (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Dscott is on a distinguished road
What's with the air deflector for the lower arms? Are these replacements from a GT3 or ???

Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dscott
What's with the air deflector for the lower arms? Are these replacements from a GT3 or ???
Yes they are GT3RS ducts, they are 30% bigger and they route the air to the brakes more efficiently.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
nice upgrades!! i just did the AP rear control arms.... fornt monoball camber plates and had the whole suspension redone... my car is SICK!!!
well I ahve all that plus H&R supercup suspension, TRG Drop links all around, H&R sway bars.... and a few other bits

Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Dscott is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redridge
Yes they are GT3RS ducts, they are 30% bigger and they route the air to the brakes more efficiently.
What are the P/N's and approximate prices?

Old 02-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dscott
What are the P/N's and approximate prices?
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...Code=996brakes

Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Brucem
nice upgrades!! i just did the AP rear control arms.... fornt monoball camber plates and had the whole suspension redone... my car is SICK!!!
well I ahve all that plus H&R supercup suspension, TRG Drop links all around, H&R sway bars.... and a few other bits
Man, that sounds pretty hardcore...can you go into a little bit more detail as far as ride quality on track vs street. The control arm, does it change the whole personality. Do you think PSS9 can work with your setup? I remember that thread you had with the control arm...I tried searching...do you know where that thread is?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
to me the ride quality is fine! The H&R are pretty stiff.. but I am happy with it! I would love to upgrade to MOTON's one day too! The rear control arms are a great upgrade!! worth the money, makes the rear end more responsive... almost as if I know what it is doing.... Let me see if I can find it

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=64686

Old 02-23-2007, 06:21 PM
sms
sms is on a distinguished road
upgrades

I can not wait to start with my suspension like all of you have already done!

I too have heard cup car brake deflectors, X51 baffle is a great and quite economical upgrade along with the addition of a third radiator which is also an OEM kit. I will have these installed in the next month before DE season starts.....damn east coast!

For brakes I decided on Pagid yellows RS19 up front and Pagid Blacks RS14 in rear. The weak spot for brakes on tracked 996s apparently is the rotors. They are too small and tend to warp. So, anything to keep them cool is strongly suggested from the research I have done.

Redridge: are you heading to PCA events at Pocono with NNJR in April or LRP with CVR March 30?

Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
The third radiator is a great mod, there is a great DIY and renntech http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7070. I installed the x51 oil pan yesterday and it looks like it will hold 1.5-2 quarts more oil as well as AL baffles instead of plastic. It looks like it would hold the oil in place more than the stock ones. My brakes are stock for now...Im just gonna wait and see what the tech inspection say about them.
Im not gonna make the april de, but I'll def be there at the end of june (pocono) and maybe one before that...

Last edited by Redridge; 02-26-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 AM
AudiOn19s is on a distinguished road
Do you mind posting the part number for the brake ducts?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
sms
sms is on a distinguished road
Any Porsche dealer or several of the sponsors here can easily get you these parts for you.
I ordered mine from a friend who is a local (to me) Porsche parts rep but I found this number (which seems very long): 9963411179299634111892
at this site http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...de=performance

I hope this helps.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Do you mind posting the part number for the brake ducts?
Part#996.341.118.91 Look at post 20 or 26, this is the right side, there might be another for the left side, as mentioned above anyone dealer or sponsor can help you with this.

Last edited by Redridge; 02-24-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
wittenbergj is on a distinguished road
Do you have any info on the x51 oil pan install ?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 PM
arenared is on a distinguished road
Very nice. Is the X51 oil pan plug-and-play? Any other parts needed? If you have any part numbers, that would be great, too. After you replace, if you get a chance, please post a pic of the original. Nice mods!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Your gonna need a new oil change, oil filter, o rings etc. Also, gasket sealer for the pan, call your porsche dealer about this. You dont need alot of this when applying to the pan, I waited overnight before putting oil. Though, Porsche said this is unnecessary. Also, loctite (blue) and torque the bolts 6-7lbs.

I took the car out for a spin last friday and watched the oil level, I originally put in 9.6 quarts and it was dead on the marker (dip stick) Gauge on the dash sez full. During the drive, I had to get fuel and noticed my oil was low (dip stick and the gauge and no leaks anywhere). After the drive I had to put another quart in. This pan holds another quart of oil? Or maybe I had to flush everything out during the install.

This pan is really interesting cause it uses gaskets that stays flush to the inner wall of the sump as part of the baffles encasement. So it actually holds more oil in the baffle enclosure...but an extra quart of oil just by changing the pan, is a surprise?

Does anyone know if the x51 powerkit expands the oil capacity to another quart? I know there are extra oil pumps and cams/rods intake etc.. for this kit.

Anyway, Im not complaining an extra quart is OK in my book...

If anyone here decides to do this mod, can you confirm the extra quart and post it in this thread... that would be sweet if it did that, I have a 3.4 by the way.

I got the part here: http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=996sport

Last edited by Redridge; 02-28-2007 at 01:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track Upgrades (PICS)