996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Rear Seat Mat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Rear Seat Mat

Does any have a picture and/or know where I can buy a rear seat mat? I saw it once I can't remember which forum. It's a mat that covers both rear seats when folded down.

Thanks

Last edited by Itzkirb; 08-06-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Banned
MTBR is on a distinguished road
Custom from Techart. You can obtain one from board sponsor Carnewal.com.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:45 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Techart has a rear seat mat, comes with the colored piping on it in deviating color.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:17 AM
C4C_leon is on a distinguished road
Pictures?

Old 08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-08-2003, 11:33 AM
I saw a picture somewhere of the back of a GT3 and I liked the look of having no seats. I know it's probably not practicle, but what do you Guys/Gals think?

How hard is it to remove the backseats and seatbelts?

Old 08-08-2003, 12:31 PM
tsweat is on a distinguished road
Removing Rear Seats

It is pretty easy to remove the rear seats -- I had to do this prior to installing my stereo system. I have a Cab, so it is a bit easier to move around back there, but it still can be done in a coupe. All you need is a Torx driver-bit set and you are ready to go.

Seatbelts were a snap to conceal, but once again I was in a Cab so I didn't have to take them out of the car. I was able to remove the rear panel that sits behind the seats (where you access the top mechanism) and concealed them behind the panel and then replaced it.

Keep in mind that when you remove the seat bottoms, there will be visible velcro strips that held the cushions in place. You may want to remove the seat bottoms first and see if it bothers you at all before you go through with the seat-back removal.

(fyi, all you have to do is get your fingers under the seat bottoms and give them a tug to release the velcro)

Last edited by tsweat; 08-09-2003 at 04:23 PM.