996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Ticket!!! ARGH!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Angry Ticket!!! ARGH!

!@%@#$% Okay, that was really, really irritating. Do you think it was for speeding? Reckless driving? An illegal exhaust? NO!! It was for no front license plate and my window tint!

I think the best part was seeing his face when I rolled down the window through the side mirror. He was not expecting a woman to be driving. He was actually cool about it and could have easily got me for speeding (which I very well could have been when I passed him on the freeway, if you know what I mean...nothing like 20mph over the speedlimit or anything, never!!! )

My first ticket in a Pcar...I think more then anything, I was kinda embarrassed for getting pulled over for 'nuthin'. He told me, interestingly enough to "keep the tint and pay the fine...that's what most people do." And as well, put the plate on, get it signed off ($10 fee - the tint ticket is $96) and then take it back off. I had to chuckle.

Well at least I can't get another ticket like this for 10 weeks. Knock on wood!

Old 04-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Robyn, You should write a book. Your adventures with a P-Car! Tickets, RMS, people you've met. It would be a cool book to read!

That sucks, sorry to hear. Like we always joked, you and I are Quota Cars!

Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
I got one for no front plate a few years ago. I got pulled over and the cop said I ran a red light, but I told him that I saw the light was still yellow when I crossed the white line. He said "oh" and then took a tour around the car and came back and said he'd "let me go" on the red light, but gave me a no front plate ticket. I put the plate back on and went to the local police station to get it signed off, and they signed it without even going outside to look at the car.

Old 04-04-2004, 12:41 PM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
This is why I put on a front license plate, I figured, "why give the police another reason to pull over a Porsche"

The other reason is that my remote radar detector and laser diffuser are located in the grill just below my license, ...that is where I want them to aim the laser

Old 04-04-2004, 12:50 PM
pieball is on a distinguished road
Yeah, but then it's too late.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Darn that's too bad I've been lucky so far.....

Old 04-04-2004, 05:39 PM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the K 40 laser diffuser will give the officer a false reading and give me time to slow down

http://www.k40.com/Products/Radar/LaserDefuserPlus.html

Old 04-04-2004, 05:40 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear about your ticket. At least it wasn't for a moving violation so you won't get a point on your driving record.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:44 PM
PaulK is on a distinguished road
Robyn, write the book, you have enough material...

Old 04-04-2004, 08:59 PM
yellowirv996 is on a distinguished road
I got the same in LA in November and a parking meter expired ticket

LA just wants your money