996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Bypass Pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 PM
CallTheDoctuh is on a distinguished road
Bypass Pipes

Hello all, i was wondering if i could put bypass pipes on my car even tho i have B & B exhaust? thanks alot

Old 08-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
huh?
cat bypass or muffler bypass? depending on which it'll bypass that part....
so if you get a muffler bypass pipe and you have B&B cans you will be removing the cans to put the bypass pipes on.

if you want to retain the B&B cans you can go with cat bypass pipes...but some will say thats a no no! i think it'll throw CELs and personally think the cats are there for a reason other then sound dampening...

if you have headers...well they will be retained with either bypass pipe. HTH

Old 09-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Sry about that, yes i want to get the muffler bypass pipes. And yes i do have headers also, i was just wantin sumthin a lil louder. thanks

Old 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
If you want something a little louder, you might want to go with a different muffler. The bypass pipes will make it a lot louder. But that may be your cup of tea.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
LowStro9 will become famous soon enough
I have the bypass (muff) and they are baller loud. I love the sound but you will lose a substantial amount of power on the low and mid powerband. I am currently repalcing intakes and plenum and while the job is going, I am going back to my B&B cans. The cool sound is not at all worth the loss of power. Just my .02 Wonna by a set of bp pipes cheap?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Keep the stock exhaust and go with the cat bypass pipes - only $550 and they sound great and will save you about 20lbs!

the full exhaust bypass is way too loud on a NA car.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the help guys, and thanks for the offer LowSro9, but I dont want to loose any power, i have to keep up with my dad (srt10 ram) haha. Hes been talkin alot of smack and i dont want to give him any hope thanks again

Old 09-02-2007, 12:54 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
if i use the cat bypass pipes, is their an 02 simulator which i can install that will keep the CEL light off?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
I installed new o2 sensors and have only had it come on a few times in 2 years. I did the 6spd group buy on AUto Enginuity and can reset it easily if it does. http://www.autoenginuity.com/