997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sat Radio, Bluetooth and IPod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Their is a thread of the navtv tooki I will go witht his one instead. Their customer service is number 1! I had dension on my m3 and nothing put problems it never worked right and I eventually just stopped using it.

Hope that helps

Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think the technology is just not on par with the PCM unit, have trouble interfacing. Like a hillbilly at a harvard reunion, (and I got hillbilly roots).

Old 10-18-2007, 12:34 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Mine works; just not as well as I'd like it to. I actually followed a few posts here to get the ipod to work correctly. It basically goes like this: install equipment, upgrade firmware, turn off PCM, shut down car, lock car doors, wait 2 minutes. Start Dension, watch it glitch, hit the master reset pin switch, then voila! Great success. The ipod/usb mp3 player works!

The bluetooth function still sucks due to bad sound quality (bad microphone) and interface.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
fixing the ipod cabel to my 997 how much will it cost approximtly ?

Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Mine works; just not as well as I'd like it to. I actually followed a few posts here to get the ipod to work correctly. It basically goes like this: install equipment, upgrade firmware, turn off PCM, shut down car, lock car doors, wait 2 minutes. Start Dension, watch it glitch, hit the master reset pin switch, then voila! Great success. The ipod/usb mp3 player works!

The bluetooth function still sucks due to bad sound quality (bad microphone) and interface.
I did that at least 10 times, gets to the reset step and then goes back to the sos mode.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
RAY in Pa. is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Nav Tv Unit

I had the NAV TV Unit installed in my TTCab last week and it works pretty well. No glitches yet, but I have to get a little more proficient at navigating.
It was installed in less than two hours and cost about $840.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
He's thinking of mine, and no the freakin thing still doesn't work. Tried every trick they had, dennison tech support is useless. Eric is a good guy and BP a great online shop, but I'll never buy another dennison product, bush league. Hey, they can't all be glowing reviews, Eric did try above and beyond for a vendor to get the thing working, kudos for that, but the stuff is just inferior. I've had no less than 5 guys pm me with similar horror stories.
If you're expecting any of these aftermarket things to work flawlessly/oem like, it will never happen. Buyer beware.
Sorry to hear you're still having troubles with the Dension product. I had problems with mine as well and it took my installer several weeks before he got the necessary fixes from Dension. It now works quite well. The main gripe I have now is the operating instructions are virtually non-existent. I feel like I've been left to my own devices as far as operating the thing. As it turns out I'd rather listen to the car than the music, so it isn't that big an issue.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I ended up buying the Tooki Bluetooth unit from my local installer for $750. I'll have it installed when some of my other goodies come in. I was surprised that it cost more than the Denison unit itself.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
I was surprised that it cost more than the Denison unit itself.
No disrespect to the Dension unit, but the tooki doesn't care what mode you are in AM/FM/CD/CDC/NAV/IPOD/SAT you want to make a call hit the phone button or if you want to sens a short text message... hit the mail button.... look at the PCM instructions on the phone and mail... you will have that

Old 10-19-2007, 08:05 AM
PrestonG is on a distinguished road
I bought all the NAV-TV units, sirius, phone and ipod. They all arrived the next day. Can't wait to have them installed..

Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone has a Dension unit from us, and has trouble, all you have to do is 1) email me the particulars of the problem, along with your head unit/vehicle model, 2) let us create the ticket for Dension engineering, 3) follow the instructions we send back to you to troubleshoot, and if nothing else 4) we will replace the unit at no charge once we know what is wrong.

When it comes to fiber optic based vehicles, this stuff can get squirrely as there are numerous things that can go wrong, not all of which are related to the Dension unit itself. Sometimes it is installation error, poor programming by a tech, or a wire in the wrong place.

Everyone who buys from us knows the above, so feel free to email me anytime.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Eric, can you create a ticket suggesting that the Dension bluetooth module emulates the PCM stock phone (similar to the TOOKI)? And that they replace that microphone with a noise cancelling one?

My comments above are sarcastic, as I know its a lot to ask for. But so is $750 for a bluetooth module!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Eric, can you create a ticket suggesting that the Dension bluetooth module emulates the PCM stock phone (similar to the TOOKI)? And that they replace that microphone with a noise cancelling one?

My comments above are sarcastic, as I know its a lot to ask for. But so is $750 for a bluetooth module!!!
Actually, we've been working with Dension since June on a solution that taps the most bus, and mutes whatever source is on the bus....so yes, it's coming, and no, that is not sarcasm.

It will likely be much less than $750, my friend.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
you can already mute the factory and add audio into it very simply, the radio is already set up for it. i did this several times for the parrot piece awhile back, but integrated is the way to go, as with the tooki, and $750 for what they had to go through to design it? come on, buy the non BT set up from Porsche, last I seen it was $1600. and you have to have a sim card... talk about ancient technology.

So eric, when you going to start stocking the Tooki's?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
from where did u bought them ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sat Radio, Bluetooth and IPod