997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Deposit on 997TT cab non refundable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
eagle is infamous around these parts
Greta, I put $1000 down at the same dealer to secure a build slot for my 997TT coupe and then $9000 when my order went in. They said it was refundable. The car was built in April and delivered in June.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
$2000 and fully refundable. You are being ripped off!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eagle
Greta, I put $1000 down at the same dealer to secure a build slot for my 997TT coupe and then $9000 when my order went in. They said it was refundable. The car was built in April and delivered in June.
Thanks Eagle. Would like to see some pics of your new 997TT. Are you happy with your new car? What would you do different or recommend to others? I am putting my order together now. Do you use yours for a daily driver? Send me an email! Would like to get to know more locals. Met Jason and Larry last week and they were such a great help. Look forward to hearing from you (with pictures!).

Old 11-26-2007, 08:55 PM
JOE GT2 is infamous around these parts
These deposit discussions always make me laugh. It is simple, if you are being asked for a deposit you are not doing enough business with the dealer. If that is the case you are not getting opportunities to buy on the front end of new models, limited run cars or at MSRP. I can't remember the last time I was asked for a deposit when I built a Porsche, Ferrari or Mercedes or the last time I was told there wasn't sufficient allocation. Your goal is to get to the point where your dealer is calling to offer you a car not you having to chase it down.

No big secret. Do repeat business, do it often, don't flip their cars, send referrals and you will get what you want the way you want it.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Gee, Greta 10%? My order was for more options than yours, and I only had to ante up $5000. But then, I looked like I had just left my cardboard sign at the nearby freeway off ramp. (I'm not a GQ kinda dresser.)
Larry, thanks - good to know. Since my build is not until 7/1, I don't want to part with any more than I have to now. Can you pm me who your sales person was? Thanks!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
My deposit is $5000, and if the car comes in exactly as we specd' and I dont take it, the money is then non-refundable. That is what the paper I signed two weeks ago stated. I have not checked the state law concerning refunds and hopfully I never have to. Some dealers want more deposit depending on anything out of the ordinary, color sample, options, interior,ect... they want to be sure they can sell it if you dont take it.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
Greta, I tried to send you a PM but it says you don't have Private messaging enabled.

My salesman was Alex. Jason was a great help in putting my specs together. It's a bewildering process.

I would say it's a semi-DD, say 1/3 of the time trending upwards to more than 1/2 now. I also have a BMW X-5, which I drive if I have a lot of stuff to carry, or have to park downtown or at the airport, or when I play outside (hike, bike, ski, etc). It's so much fun to drive, the default is to take it if I can.

If I ordered again, I'm not sure I'd change a thing. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Here's how I ordered it:

6-speed with short shift kit
slate grey exterior with black interior
LSD
adaptive sport seats. heated front seats
sport chrono
rear wiper
thicker steering wheel

leather: gear lever trim, storage compartment lid with model logo, rear center console, door finishers, sport seat backs.

I spent more on leather than I thought I would (or should) but it looks great without going too far. The seat backs in leather are expensive but I'm glad I got them because I don't like the look of the *** seat back.

I was unsure about the SSK when I got the car but after a little break-in, I love it. I went back and forth many times on the rear wiper. The car obviously looks better without it but driving in Seattle I use it a lot and glad I got it.

I didn't get PCCB's and I'm happy with that decision. The stock brakes are great and I just didn't want to spend the extra money.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Greta,

Yeah, Brad (eaglejackson) is another guy that I helped out. I've helped a lot of guys out with their order. I really do think that you've managed to come up with an incredible order combination. Best "bang for the buck" so to speak. I'm pretty sure that with a little bit of persuasion you'd be able to convince the boys at Barrier that they can do without a 10% deposit on the 997TT when the time comes.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by eaglejackson
Greta, I tried to send you a PM but it says you don't have Private messaging enabled.

My salesman was Alex. Jason was a great help in putting my specs together. It's a bewildering process.

I would say it's a semi-DD, say 1/3 of the time trending upwards to more than 1/2 now. I also have a BMW X-5, which I drive if I have a lot of stuff to carry, or have to park downtown or at the airport, or when I play outside (hike, bike, ski, etc). It's so much fun to drive, the default is to take it if I can.

If I ordered again, I'm not sure I'd change a thing. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Here's how I ordered it:

6-speed with short shift kit
slate grey exterior with black interior
LSD
adaptive sport seats. heated front seats
sport chrono
rear wiper
thicker steering wheel

leather: gear lever trim, storage compartment lid with model logo, rear center console, door finishers, sport seat backs.

I spent more on leather than I thought I would (or should) but it looks great without going too far. The seat backs in leather are expensive but I'm glad I got them because I don't like the look of the *** seat back.

I was unsure about the SSK when I got the car but after a little break-in, I love it. I went back and forth many times on the rear wiper. The car obviously looks better without it but driving in Seattle I use it a lot and glad I got it.

I didn't get PCCB's and I'm happy with that decision. The stock brakes are great and I just didn't want to spend the extra money.

Thanks Eagle - actually my option list is nearly identical to yours. I too want leather seat backs - have them in my C4S and like the look better. I am however, going with PCCB - MUST HAVE THEM!. Drove them in Europe for a week and that was without question the best option on the car. Mine will be Carrera White with full Black, 6spd, short shift, and same opts you list almost. What is SSK? I think I will get the rear wiper. Don't have one now, but I actually think it looks good! My PM is enabled, can you try again? Maybe i will meet you someday - jason and larry helped me on my order - they were great!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
SSK is SportShifterKit aka short shifter. It's folks like you, Eagle, etc that makes this whole experience fun. Like yourself, I'm a rabid Porsche enthusiast so it's always a pleasure to be able to helps others like myself get the benefit of my experiences.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by JOE GT2
These deposit discussions always make me laugh. It is simple, if you are being asked for a deposit you are not doing enough business with the dealer. If that is the case you are not getting opportunities to buy on the front end of new models, limited run cars or at MSRP. I can't remember the last time I was asked for a deposit when I built a Porsche, Ferrari or Mercedes or the last time I was told there wasn't sufficient allocation. Your goal is to get to the point where your dealer is calling to offer you a car not you having to chase it down.

No big secret. Do repeat business, do it often, don't flip their cars, send referrals and you will get what you want the way you want it.
Well I know the GM personally, I have purchased two Mercedes and a Porsche from them in the past 2 years - and kept their parts department in business! I know everyone by first name and it is like my own pit crew when I pull in even without an appointment (they take very good care of me always), which is why I did not question them on this situation (but I will when I take my order in). They only had 8 build slots this year for the 997TT and all are spoken for. Even a wait list. I also send them many referrals.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Greta, I tried sending you a PM again and got the following message:

gretapass has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

As Jason says, SSK is the short shift kit (aka sport shifter). The look of the rear wiper is growing on me. It's purposeful -- it says, "I drive this car, even in the rain; it's not a garage queen." The Turbo looks awesome in white. Alex told me that they got only 8 slots for '08 coupes. You're lucky to get one of those slots.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
Larry, thanks - good to know. Since my build is not until 7/1, I don't want to part with any more than I have to now. Can you pm me who your sales person was? Thanks!
Can't PM you, because for some reason you've got PM's blocked. But both Atomic and I had Ted Hampson as our salesman. He has since been promoted to Finance Manager. All of the salesmen there are good at processing your order. It's when it comes to the details that they come up short, but that's where Atomic becomes the resource to go to.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Larry, of course Jason was a great help, but I have to say, despite my natural skepticism of any recommendations coming from a salesman, Alex had very good advice for me when I was picking options.