997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Deposit on 997TT cab non refundable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Dawgdoc is on a distinguished road
Question Deposit on 997TT cab non refundable

Planning on ordering a 997 cab. Build date is February and completion March 2008.
Is it typical for an order to require a non refundable deposit of $10,000.
Last Porsche I ordered was a C4S cab and deposit was $1000 and refundable.
Just curious as to what others are doing on order.
thanks
Ken

Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
air-cooledjbj is on a distinguished road
It should always be refundable. I think I remember someone here saying that by law every deposit must be refundable.

And $10K is way too much. It should be $2K.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
All deposits are 100% refundable, I had to put $5K down, but I'm a bit young and they wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to change my mind. I'm not so I have no problem with it, but its still refundable.

Only time it isnt if you start specing out some purple or hot pink colors for it, then they require a non-refundable deposit and usually much higher. Or thats what I've been told, then again there arent many people ordering ugly colors their 997s.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:43 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I am in the same boat. I put down a "refundable" deposit for my dealer to secure me a build slot, but when I turn in my build order they want 10% down. They say it is refundable if I pull out, but not until someone else purchases the car and then they will give me back the deposit if it sells for the same price not lower. Apparently there is a wait list at my dealer so they are taking orders seriously. Probably won't change my mind since I am set on getting the car - my built date is not until 7.1.08. Anyone else running into this to get a 2008 997TT build?

Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Interesting! I am on a wait list at another dealership to order and have secured a place on the list with a deposit of $1000. It is the same dealership that I purchased my C4S and I know the deposit was refundable. Though my intentions are firm to purchase the 997TT cab you just never know what can happen between placing the order and the final purchase date. I feel fortunate to have found a dealership with a firm build date and the opportunity to order but quite hesitant to put down $10,000 non refundable.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
MikeyD is on a distinguished road
I put down only $1k...the dealer told me about a guy that put down $1k, ordered and built the car; then didn't want it when the dealer took delivery. They guy got his $1k back but will never be able to order another car at any of that dealers shops again...

Originally Posted by Dawgdoc
Planning on ordering a 997 cab. Build date is February and completion March 2008.
Is it typical for an order to require a non refundable deposit of $10,000.
Last Porsche I ordered was a C4S cab and deposit was $1000 and refundable.
Just curious as to what others are doing on order.
thanks
Ken

Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Depending on how you spec the car....If it is too hevaily optioned, dealers will take higher deposits as those cars are harder to sell...

Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I've put deposits on many many cars - all were 100% refundable. If the dealer won't give you a refundable deposit find one that will.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
What $10k.....

I payed $2,000 for the deposit. I went to Reeves Import Motorsports in Tampa,FL Great dealer!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:47 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
All deposits are refundable. Even the odd color ones are. Since you have not taken delivery of the car they cannot force you to take a car. What if a financial situation occurs putting your finances into a bind or on hold? Can they force you to take ownership of something that you cannot forsee?

Most states if not all adopted this rule.

The dealership has to get a feeler on your ability to make good of your purchase but they cannot force you to take it. If you order a Pink Car the dealership can insist that you take it but they cannot force you to take it. The deposit can be won back in court. I have seen it happen. Not on a pink car mind you

I payed a $1000 deposit. Like most here have done. When I was ordering my car they just tried to steer me away from options that if I did not pick up the car they could move on the floor with a minimal loss or selling time. So when I went with white and black leather they were very happy

Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
dont tell me this is MANHATTEN motors...

they tried to pull that bull**** on me they wanted 15k deposit we aggreed on less then they said i ordered the car weird so they wanted more.. i told them to kiss my *** literaly

i ordered atlas on black red stiching 138 sticker.... that is a easy car to sell

anyhow if its them i wouldnt deal with them they are push overs

Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
I never have had to give a deposit but knew the old GM and purchased several cars from them.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Glad to see my reasoning is not all wet. I've already decided not to work with this dealership even if they reneg on non refundable deposit stance. I'll just have to be patient and wait for my order slot to come up. Meanwhile enjoying my C4S and no complaints. Thanks for all those experienced in ordering Porsches. It seems with the limited availability of the TT cab there won't be much difficulty selling one if delivered and not purchased by the original customer. by the way this dealership is not in Manhattan but is in New York.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
I am in the same boat. I put down a "refundable" deposit for my dealer to secure me a build slot, but when I turn in my build order they want 10% down. They say it is refundable if I pull out, but not until someone else purchases the car and then they will give me back the deposit if it sells for the same price not lower. Apparently there is a wait list at my dealer so they are taking orders seriously. Probably won't change my mind since I am set on getting the car - my built date is not until 7.1.08. Anyone else running into this to get a 2008 997TT build?
Gee, Greta 10%? My order was for more options than yours, and I only had to ante up $5000. But then, I looked like I had just left my cardboard sign at the nearby freeway off ramp. (I'm not a GQ kinda dresser.)

Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
It should be refundable by law. $1000 is what they usually ask for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deposit on 997TT cab non refundable