997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgrading my 997 Turbo to 750-800 HP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
it sounds impressive,but i dont think its safe w/o going inside the motor

Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vduzin12
it sounds impressive,but i dont think its safe w/o going inside the motor
Yea I'll beef up the internals....

Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Look forward to seeing the outcome, that's a damn good looking 997TT

Originally Posted by keithta
Hello guys. Im a new member to the forum, even though this is my 1st post, Ive been a long time reader.

I am in the midst of selling my BMW M6 & have picked up a 997 White TT with Ceramics and Tarracota w/Black interior about 1 month ago.

Heres a pic:

I sent it away to a reputable Porsche tuner 3.5 weeks ago for a motor workover beyond the mainstream headers, intercoolers, exhaust, programming, modified VGTs, etc that we have all seen thus far. (From what I see, I really havent seen anyone take their 997tt to the next HP performance level so I guess I'll be the Guinea pig here.

Well here it is: Projected (not on paper yet) 630-700 whp (to the wheels). Thats about 750-833 Engine HP depending on boost mode selection and how agressive we go. My plan is to hit 10s @ the 135 MPH range.

This will be accomplished without going into the motor - All bolt-ons coupled with a lighter flywheel, performance clutch, modified fuel system with injectors, custom programming, larger turbos to still maintain strong boost response at low RPMs, and quite a bit more.

Rather than talking about all the details now, I figured Id give you guys a breif overview to let you know whats in the works.

I hope to have the car back around January 1st or so.

This should be VERY interesting.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:01 PM
benVTGizzle will become famous soon enoughbenVTGizzle will become famous soon enough
wow acceleration will probably be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5QE3fM2Ys ...or faster >

Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new car - I have the same one on order (white w/PCCB, but black interior). Looking at yours got me really excited - its beautiful - mine comes in late march (build date 2/19). Where do you plan to drive w/that much HP? Not sure if I understand why you need that much? Curious.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
good luck, same keithta with the M6 on spray?
You must be confusing my car with reconM6's car. keithta is my username on the m6board.com & m5board.com. I have posted a number of threads mapping out every modification of my M6 on these boards. Take a look at the threads I started under my username on the board when you have a sec. My car never had NOS. It was an all motor setup no forced air induction.

Here are a few links to the some videos of my M6 vs my freind's stock C6 ZO6 from a 2nd gear roll.

2 passengers in each car to keep weight even.

Race video filmed from ZO6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0
2nd video filmed from the M6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWm0rVVJys

Details on both cars and mods are shown under the "About this Video" link on the upper right once you click on any of the two links above.

This was the 1st M6 from my knowledge that took out the new ZO6 in an acceleration run documented on video. The outcome caused quite a stir once it was posted across a number of auto forums.

I was happy with the way my M6 turned out and truly has been a great car.... But nevertheless, it was time to move on.

---------------------------------------------------

Just to give you an idea....Im quite in tune to high powered cars. Ive owned 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2001 996TT w/ ECU, Headers, Exhaust, 2000 Dodge Viper, 2006 M6 (modded which was the fastest car Ive owned to date).

I drove the 997TT in stock form for a bit before I shipped it away and it felt more explosive than my M6 in 1st gear...due to great traction, the VGTs and the way it makes power. But once in 2nd gear, it doesnt have a chance against my M. In stock form, after each up shift, the 997TT feels like it loses some grunt. The M gets abnormally stonger on each upshift.

My goal with my 997TT is to surpass the power of my modded M6 which shouldnt be a problem with the upgrades as planned.

As for those that are asking why I need all this power......

1) Want to track the 997TT some (I know I dont need all that power to run on the track.....but what the heck)
2) For 1/4 mile (again shooting for around 135 mph trap speeds)

I know I am treading into untraveled territory with these upgrades, so hopefully the car comes together as planned.

Well see.

Last edited by keithta; 12-11-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTX50JRZ
Keithta:

What is the point - are you going to race this monster (PCA, SCCA, etc?)? Or is it for a "tuner's shootout", like the kind published for 996TT in Excellence last year? Or for quarter mile times? There are several German tuners that offer turn-key 700-800 hp 997 TT - wouldn't those be cheaper in the long run if you are going for the ultimate?
1/4 mile mostly.

Who are the tuners that have turn key 700-800 hp kits for the 997TT? Some tuners claim 700-710HP......) But 750-800.......? Not saying that there arent any, I just havent found any yet.

Keith

Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by carendt242
833hp without going into the motor? good luck - the 996tt guys haven't figured that out (with the same motor.)

- chuck
The out of state tuner (outside Florida) that is working on my car (who Id rather not divulge their name until I get the car back) says we should have not problem acheiving 630-650 WHP (750-775 HP). 700 WHP (833 HP) is pushing the safe limits on the stock block from their experience with the 996TTs.

So, our goal is to find a spot where the car performs right and where it runs stable. I hope to hit 670 WHP which translates to approx. 800 engine HP. If I dont, then so be it. But anywhere around that number works for me.....

I guess we just need to wait and see......

Last edited by keithta; 12-11-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I disagree, I have been in these motors already and can yell you that the rods will not hold up at those power levels. This is not speculation rather what I have seen with my own eyes. Just be cautious

Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
PIXC55 is on a distinguished road
PROTOTECH which is local to us did my buddies 997tt (wheelb)and the car did 609whp i think.The car is insane,I had it this weekend for the toyrun. Im not to sure what he did exactly but all i can say is ITS FAST!!!!! any ? ask ben@wheelsboutique.com

Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
QTR TT is on a distinguished road
do you need that much hp (800 hp) to run a 135 trap speeds? i had a mustang that ran 130s with only 450-500 whp (600-650 hp). i think you should be able to pull close to 140+ with your hp goals.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:05 PM
jerrym is on a distinguished road
:x nice pics of m6?

Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Keith,

Your M6 was done well, enjoy the Turbo when you get it back

Old 12-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
IMO, any more than 600whp on stock motor and you'll risk damaging your pistons and rods, especially in the long term. If you're going all out, why not beef up the motor and raise the boost way up for relatively safe 700whp+?

Old 12-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Jtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enoughJtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enough
Subscribed.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading my 997 Turbo to 750-800 HP!