997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ending my lease w/ Porshe Financial..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
Is that price the dealer payoff or private party sale?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
That doesn't make sense that you cannot have someone take over the lease so long as their credit is approved. Give me more details. Lease start date, term, payment, residual, mileage.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by bpanos
Is that price the dealer payoff or private party sale?
$126715.54 is the "customer payoff" not the "dealer payoff"

Old 02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's a beautiful car and I understand your sentiment but I do hope that you don't miss this car every day after you sell it.

I'm sure you'll find a buyer . Good luck .

Old 02-08-2008, 05:21 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Flood or Fire. Seriously, sorry to hear the Porsche must go. I said that in November of 06. Got rid of my 2007 Turbo that took almost 18 months from deposit to receipt. Thought I was out of my Porsche phase that started with my first in 1978. Six months later I was ordering another. Be SURE this is what you want to do. I can testify that is is very expensive to buy - sell - buy. The only good thing was getting a "do-over" on options.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
Why do you need a 997TT or an M5 with that sweet *** Minima in your stable?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by printemps2001
Why do you need a 997TT or an M5 with that sweet *** Minima in your stable?
haha. thats my roommates ride.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:12 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Porsche Finance will not allow leases to be taken over. You have to pay it off first and then do what you will with it.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
Avi8tir, would you be interested in selling to a dealer for the "dealer payoff" and walking away from your car? If so pm me.. one more ?, where is car located

Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
What about trying to have someone take over the lease by offering the car on swapalease.com ? According to them, Porsche Financial will do a lease transfer under the following conditions:

1) You pay a lease transfer fee of $400

2) Although the lease will transfer to the new owner, you will ultimately remain liable for the car. To combat this, swapalease offers a 'peace of mind' program - somewhat like lease insurance to protect you.

My brother-in-law almost transferred his lease to the owner of a car stereo shop that damaged the car (long story) and Porsche Financial didn't have a problem with it...

Good luck...

Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by MCLC26
What about trying to have someone take over the lease by offering the car on swapalease.com ? According to them, Porsche Financial will do a lease transfer under the following conditions:

1) You pay a lease transfer fee of $400

2) Although the lease will transfer to the new owner, you will ultimately remain liable for the car. To combat this, swapalease offers a 'peace of mind' program - somewhat like lease insurance to protect you.

My brother-in-law almost transferred his lease to the owner of a car stereo shop that damaged the car (long story) and Porsche Financial didn't have a problem with it...

Good luck...
porsche financial does not allow lease transfers.....period. my only option is to purchase the car and sell it. looking at doing this on Monday.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
holy cow, what about the TA stuff on it? are you turning the car in with it?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
1. Post it on ebay, cars, auto trader, forums, craig.
2. Ask $10K + Ending buy out. Should be able to get close to it.
3. Sell - Get Money
4. Write Check to Porsche (Bank whoever your lien is with)
5. Deliver car to buyer
6. Enjoy Your M5, use 10K to Mod it.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
What are you wanting to sell it for? Its a beutiful car and if the price is right I maybe interested

Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by avi8tir
porsche financial does not allow lease transfers.....period. my only option is to purchase the car and sell it. looking at doing this on Monday.

This is IMO your best route . I never leased a Porsche and in 2005 when xenon light theft was rampant I sold my C2S privately . It took me 18 months to emotionally heal and buy another one (997S) and then another 5 months with that car to buy this one (997tt) .

When I went to sell the car dealerships offered wholesale =no good .
I did not like the idea of showing my expensive car to anyone whom I did not know .
There were several local private high end used car lots and I went to a few of them and the highest offer won . They cut me acheck right on the spot and took the car . Perhaps your area has a few of these and price will be higher than dealerhip but lower than private party .

I did miss the car every day after I sold it . The process pits the rational agaisnt the emotional reasoning .I do think you will be back into Porsche at some day but I wish you well and hope my post helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ending my lease w/ Porshe Financial..