997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ending my lease w/ Porshe Financial..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 03:32 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Do you still have your stock wheels? I would put them on and sell your techarts separately, Will bring you some extra $$$ i guess, because buyers will not give you that extra $$ while on your car.

Just my experience.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
after some research and seeing local pricing of 07 997TT's, I'm thinking I can easily get 125k for it considering all of the exclusive options I have on it.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
I was going to sell my car as well but the current value of our Turbos are not as good as most may have thought. I'm sorta in the same boat where I leased my car (I pretty much lease all my vehicles). You basically take your payoff minus what you sell your car for and you're done. As someone here stated, sell your car, send the check to Porsche, and turn your car over to the new buyer. I know wholesale on my Turbo was only 106K and I have sooooooooooooo much stuff on my car that I didn't want to deal with taking things off so I have decided to just keep the car (like you, I hardly get the drive the Turbo anymore because of my kids so I'm driving my company Tahoe all the time).

Good luck, your car has a ton of options and I would think it should sell fairly quick

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Your buyout is actually not that bad. You should easily be able to move that car, even in this market. I once had a nice eddie bauer explorer that I leased for work, 2 yrs into a three yr lease dealer actually contacted me to get out of the lease early with no penalty, no strings. I guess that car was hot at that time(1999), I took em up on it and got something nicer, which eventually begot a porsche. The car biz is a funny biz.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:07 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
^^^ HAHA true!

You basically have to sell it for value and take a loss....

Resale is strong right now so it shouldnt be that bad : )
Hey, did you know my friend Wes Pandoff? He was an accounting controller for Auto Nation down there before we snatched him up =P

Old 02-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Check out DC Motors in Anaheim. They take cars on consignment and specialize in exotic/supercars. A friend of mine sold his Maseratti through them and was pretty satisfied. I have absolutely no connection to them. Just trying to help out. Here is a link to their site.

http://dcmotorcars.com/index.html

Good luck!

Last edited by Barrister; 02-09-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:51 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Let us guys know if you part some items out. I have a white tt and might be interested in some of your goodies if you decide to take them off.