997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Techart race exhaust with 100 cell cats and headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM
CeM997tt is on a distinguished road
Smile Techart race exhaust with 100 cell cats and headers

Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum and writing from Turkey.I've just sold my 06 M3zcp with AA stage 2 SC kit and order my new 997 tt.It's gonna be white with carrera red interior.Because of the car being so expensive here,( Goddamn taxes) i only chose the basic options like tiptronic,red interior,sport chrono,sunroof,adaptive sport seats etc.
Big day is 2 months later and i'm waiting for May without sleeping

I also ordered myTechart Aerokit I (including front splitter,rear splitter,roof spoiler,rear spoiler,sides and the steering wheel,Techart race exhaust including manifold with 100 cell cats and Spec Twelves from 360 Forged.Next mod will be Techart software.As soon as i get the car,sure i'm gonna share the photos

Now this is the question guys...Is anybody here using this exhaust setup? Your opinions?
I'm curious about how loud the sound is and how is its performance ofcourse ...
Thanks for the replies Nice to be here.

Last edited by CeM997tt; 03-13-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I saw a Techart car today . Mine has the aerokit and springs as well as the vent, roof spoiler, skirts etc. I even bought the steering wheel today as a matter of fact and will wait 5 days .

The exhaust sounded nice and the car it was on was tiptronic. I am just so sold on the Tubi sound and love the Werks1 intake the way its presented and fitted that I am still doing cartwheels on my front lawn . The Techart was nice but I do feel that there are many great choices and I do suggest that you look at some of them as best you can before deciding.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CeM997tt
Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum and writing from Turkey.I've just sold my 06 M3zcp with AA stage 2 SC kit and order my new 997 tt.It's gonna be white with carrera red interior.Because of the car being so expensive here,( Goddamn taxes) i only chose the basic options like tiptronic,red interior,sport chrono,sunroof,adaptive sport seats etc.

I also ordered myTechart Aerokit I (including front splitter,rear splitter,roof spoiler,rear spoiler,sides and the steering wheel,Techart race exhaust including manifold with 100 cell cats and Spec Twelves from 360 Forged.Next mod will be Techart software.As soon as i get the car,sure i'm gonna share the photos

Now this is the question guys...Is anybody here using this exhaust setup? Your opinions?
Congrats on your new order. Techart makes some great stuff. I have the type 1 kit on my car as well. I have yet to order the steering wheel.

I envy you yrralis1!

IMO, the Techart exhaust is overpriced. The sound is too quiet and the hp gains are minimal. I think there are many other options out there that you should explore.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CeM997tt
Hi Guys,

Carrera red is the best color interior you could get in a 997tt Congrats,enjoy and make sure you show us pics and im sure you'll be very happy with the Techart race exhaust! it wont be too loud or too quiet dont worry just wait and enjoy

Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
semih is on a distinguished road
Merhaba, Cem I'm from Belgium and the taxes in turkey are very very high.
Araban super ve kazasiz belasiz kullanmani dilerim.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Your car will one of the best looking 997TT. white with carrera red is the best for me.

If you want to save some money on the exhaust. I have used one for sale.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks a lot for your lovely comments guys.I have no chance for changing my idea as i ordered it already.I agree with you about the quiet sound of Techart but there is a missing point which is people usually use sport exhaust with 200 cell cats.But mine will be race exhaust with 100 cell cats and with manifold.Logically it should be louder but who knows.We'll try and see
That's why i asked for anybody using this setup because i have no idea.

Again,thanks a lot for your opinions and comments guys

Hi Semih and Beyaz997tt....Nice to see people here from Turkey I'm not able to reply your messages because there is a rule in the forum that i can't write prv messages before sending 15 posts.As soon as i sent 15 posts i'm gonna reply your messages...

Last edited by CeM997tt; 03-14-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
No thanks Cem, It is going to be 2 long months for you. I have had a e 46 m3 and current I m driving a 996 turbo x 50. The m 3 was a great car but you can't compare it with a porsche. I hope to see your pics and I'm waiting for youre driving impressions. Where do you live in turkey?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:11 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Watch out with those 100 cell cats, high likelyhood of CELs.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by semih
No thanks Cem, It is going to be 2 long months for you. I have had a e 46 m3 and current I m driving a 996 turbo x 50. The m 3 was a great car but you can't compare it with a porsche. I hope to see your pics and I'm waiting for youre driving impressions. Where do you live in turkey?
Thanks a lot Semih...You're right man, it comes to me as 2 century for the big day
996 TT was the car of my dreams,i think 996's look from rear, is more aggresive and more beautiful than 997's...
My M3 CS with AA SC kit was also a fast and tasteful car but ofcourse i can't even compare with 997 tt.As a result,one of them is BMW,the other is Porsche

Guys here are the pics of my M3 CS which is sold...Unfortunately i can only post its pictures for the present

Old 03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
wow You have had a very nice m3. I see that you have done a lot of mods. Is the bmw engine after so many mods reliable? You almost have 200 horses plus of original.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I think it is.I haven't experinced any problems about the engine,but the intake manifold which came with the SC kit,cracked 2 times because of the overboost

Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
The E46 M3 is one of my favourite cars of all time and yours look great! Really nice colour as well.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
wow, i remember your m3 from m3forum.

your 997 will look great. you have great taste in mods.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you Zlaatan
Yeah me too ThisFlyGuy Your m3 was one of my favorites,hope everyting is fine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Techart race exhaust with 100 cell cats and headers