997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ruf

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 AM
N1_kT is infamous around these parts
wow thats alot of cf

Old 05-27-2008, 03:29 AM
MichaelJr1186 is infamous around these parts
carbon fiber ****

Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 AM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MichaelJr1186
carbon fiber ****
Its an Orgy!!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:15 AM
dr-sam is infamous around these parts
WOW Awesome car can't wait to see it, Tomorrow OK you know where

Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Buzz - I am glad you got those parts ok and are very happy. Please post some pictures up when you can and share with us your awesome machine. Glad to work with you!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Kaizu who cares about dyno numbers?!? Have you ever driven one of these car's? The driving characteristics are TOTALLY different, the way they build there speed and power, throttle response , etc... They are truly special, I have driven them all!

Congrats to the original poster, you will be in awe!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Kaizu who cares about dyno numbers?!? Have you ever driven one of these car's? The driving characteristics are TOTALLY different, the way they build there speed and power, throttle response , etc... They are truly special, I have driven them all!
True

Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Sorry guys, I try to stop at this point Isn't it somehow sad that me or Toby at Rennlist (or who the guy is with knowledge of RS-Tuning modifications) have these kind of strange opinions

Kaizu who cares about dyno numbers?!? Have you ever driven one of these car's?
iLL, I think just the same; I don't care about dyno numbers I care only about the performance. That's why I'm glad the buzz went with Ruf.

What I tried to mention is that in my experience it seems that those (in this case EVOMS) cars that have stock turbos or relatively small new turbos are not as fast as their dyno numbers or their claimed power numbers would suggest compared to some other similar cars with lower power numbers but equipped with the same amount or even more mods.

And yep, I have ever driven one of these cars if you are talking about modded Porsche Turbos?

The last interesting one was quite fast 996TT, even compared to stuff seen in this forum. (1.6BAR boost with Holset turbos and unique titanium exhaust are only some things I could mention of that car but the owner prefers low profile...which is something people in the old continent usually prefer. That is a thing you notice from this forum rightaway by the way...)

Old 05-27-2008, 04:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Oops Kaizu I must apologize, I was agreeing with you and put your name instead of bbyu by accident , sorry. He posted the dyno never lies, and thats why I said who in the he'll cares about dyno numbers? They are worthless!

I have ran my car against over 4 forum members with different setups, for the sake of argument that 3 were 996tt's , I ran a gt2 an a claimed 700 kit and well, I had passenger he didn't, we took off and were even until 140 or so from 50-60 then his top end would start pulling a little!

What's crazy is there is a different feel between each tuner and power kit, I am not saying one is FAR superior over another, or german is real up opposed to us tuners its just what I would rather have and my preference from experiencing over 5 different tuning kits!

My gt2 with lwfw, 590 exhaust and upgraded haders andjust overall setup sounds and feels almost na and so exotic, the power deivery smooth and ferocious, the drivability is just unmatched, and my lightweight flywheel ? You couldn't evtn tell I had one, no chatter and 0 noise, until I rev it and the thing flies across the tach, suffice to say I am ecstatic withthis setup and car and will never get rid of it, yes I'm spoiled!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
What's crazy is there is a different feel between each tuner and power kit, I am not saying one is FAR superior over another, or german is real up opposed to us tuners its just what I would rather have and my preference from experiencing over 5 different tuning kits!

Martin, I totally agree with you. That's why I said in my original post (with regards to RUF)...

"That being said, what you DO get is a incredibly phenomenal service and integration. Your package will feel like it came from the Porsche factory...and it will have a 1 year warranty...something that no other tuner will provide. You will be adding value to your car if you plan to sell it. There is no other Porsche tuner that provides tuning in such a complete package from parts, to installation, to warranty and after service care."

What I was trying to say, probably poorly, was that if American tuners are claiming numbers backed by dynos, their numbers are probably correct.

Last edited by bbywu; 05-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Buzz how is the car working out? Any updates?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
RUF......the best one

Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
Buzz how is the car working out? Any updates?
Hey Guys,
A couple more days and the car will have all carbon elements installed. followed by pictures.

Buzz

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzz
Hey Guys,
A couple more days and the car will have all carbon elements installed. followed by pictures.

Buzz
What cf elements have Ruf in their offer?
p.s. Please also make int pics when the car is ready.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
What cf elements have Ruf in their offer?
p.s. Please also make int pics when the car is ready.
Not RUF, Werks and MaCarbon

Buzz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf