997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Edmunds 911 Turbo BEATS GT-R 0-60, 1/4 Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N Ireland D
Alpine 997 i was being sarcastic, DOPEY!!! what i mean is when the gtr beat the gt3 and bmw m3 on a track in england heavychevy said "oh that chris harris can't drive, he was all over the place in the gt3 too tail happy can't drive bla bla bla da bla bla bla bla he's not a PRO DRIVE (very funny coment LAUGH OUT LOUD)!!!! Also i own a 996 tt, have owned a 996 gt3 and also a 993c2s so i'm not a PORSCHE HATER, infact i'm a porsche lover, but when someone else builds a fanastic car (which a gtr is) i'm big enough to admit it, not say oh this and that and he was't a PRO DRIVER (Laugh out loud) its just seems a bit annoying for people to take!!!! (I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC THIS TIME)!!!!!!!

Hey ********, why dont you read before posting, my comments on the autocar test have nothing to do with chris harris's driving.

I SAID CAR MAGAZINE FOOL, and Chris drives for Autocar.

Put on your dunce cap and go sit in the corner.

And remember that you USED to be a Porsche lover, but since you ordered a GT-R you've posted in nothing here but GT-R threads and have become a defect fanboy convert. Just migrate over to the GT-R forums, because your comprehension skills will fit right in.

Last edited by heavychevy; 05-15-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt
Clunky gearbox and brutal suspension.. Based on the same mag articles that portrayed the gtr to be quicker than the 997? Porsche Service costs $$$. Personally I don't let anyone work on my cars because even porsche service doesn't take the kind of precious care that I will. Wont feel like your sitting in a 100k car? Well with the extra 50k you can make a custom dry carbon dash and cross stitch it with colored suede if that's what your into. There's all sorts of arguements to be made.
So you plan to work on your own GT-R that no one knows any tech about? That should be fun on a machine full of complex gadgets. And you'll likely have some services to complete intermittently that will void your warranty if you dont, how do you plan on keeping your warrant in tact as well? Thing about Porsche is that you dont have to worry about someone else working on your car (there are always exceptions, but for the most part)

It's partially in the name, but deciding that is just speculation. Porsche the name is well known in the racing circuit. Unless you pay attention to unpopular racing like jgtc you won't know or acknowledge the gtr's impact in racing history. The GT-R's impact in the racing circuit is also roughly only a decade old. It's still relatively a young model compared to the porsche.
That is a Nissan car, but has very little to do with a street GT-R, Nissan has just beat everyone else in Japan in building race cars forever. But of course some people dont notice that JCGT cars have almost NO relation to the street models. The competition is Toyota, Nissan and Lexus vs Privateers, so the only real competition is the factory dominating entries. With cars that barely even resemble the street models.

I do beleive the JCGT cars are tube frame as well and not production based GT cars. Not only that they have no engine regulations and can change as much as they want, only limited in HP. They have almost nothing at all to do with a street car, especially with the body being a aero kit. These cars are closer to prototypes than street cars.

Would you have said the same about audi 5 years ago prior to the development of the r8? Audi has sold it's upper echelon models in the high 90's for some time. (RS6) And comon, let's be serious, an R8 is based on the Lambo, mid engined Audi, it's going to sell for well over 100k, and justifiably.

Agreed, I don't think the gtr is on par in terms of luxery with the 997tt. Doesn't the 911 have something like 50 years of refinement behind it? The gtr will hit some bumps just like the 911 did during it's first few years.
Yes, a new model will have some teething issues. I'm only trying to establish the fact that the advent of the GT-R does not create a void where the 997 Turbo is, and not just because of status. The TT is worth 130k, the GT-R isnt, for whatever reasons. I wouldnt buy a TT for that, but obviously it does well for itself.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by 240ka *****
this is the first and only time i will ever create another name to jump back on a forum. So go ahead and bring the BANS back out. no biggie as i said before.

some of you Pcar boys are such Tools and ****** bags. Almo is a clown. but most importantly i cant forget, HeavyChevy and his one man band(pathetic,) coming up with every conspiracy theory he can think of. and not on one but Many forums. He's been called out time and time again. people are tired of hearing it.

Heavy Chevy is the true definition of what a FANBOY is.

Done with HC,
no matter how many facts come out showing the GT-R out performing the GT3 and 911 TT. Nissans lying, car mags are lying, reviews are wrong, Ring times are false. but when Porsche or even GM comes with times. its the gospel.

look at the new CTS-V. no ones questioning the validity of the V's times. matter of fact people are giving props.

Yet i cant think of one porsche or chevy video showing their run, but no one aruges the results arent true. Nissan has a video of their run but its all falsehoods. if Nissan sponsored the mission to the moon, Pcar fandicks like HC would say no one has landed on the moon.

all you guys bring up is the amoount of money your slower 911 TT's and GT3's cost and use that as a way to debunk the GT-R. well its too bad, facts are facts whether yall see the light or not. Just go get a ***** enlargement and have something you can really brag about.

Porsche is chasing Nissan. The V-Spec will crush the CGT eventhough the Base GT-R fell alittle short. The GT2 will be crushed as well.

you guys have fun with your over priced beetles.

Eclou, you are in the GT-R forum. and i know you dont see the fanboism there that you see here. its only a select few of the pcar boys who are ******s.

TIMEATTACK, i wouldnt waste anymore of my time on these FOOLS. the pure hatred they have for the GT-R only shows Nissan did their job of flicking porsche off the throne. like a pesty gnat. i guess it hurts some people feelings, when they work all their lives to own a 911 TT for 140k and its now been out done by a 70k nissan. "kill yourself"

go ahead, BAN ME NOW, im done

You do realize when you get banned again, this post will be deleted. I didnt even bother reading it, your a troll, and will get banned to oblivion like one, so have your fun for the night.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 PM
HAHAHA, just making a point that your posts are useless and will be deleted so why bother waisting your time?

I join all kinds of forums because I like to find out about all kinds of cars, and performance car I'm a member of some kind of forum for it even down to an S2000. I've owned a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW's and nearly a Viper. The others I joined for invites to car shows, track events etc.

So what's your excuse? Just a troll.

I didnt by my pcar to get girls, I bought it to pass sissies on the track. My car hardly ever sees the street. Nice try though.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:04 AM
timeattack07gt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Almo
You look like a retard... You actually just tried to argue about you mixing me up with someone else followed by an argument about a current post of mine and trying to reflect it back with all the dated information several days ago. You typed all the above as if I wasn't in the picture and then you say I came out of nowhere with a recent post. You're one funny fanboy!

Here's proof in the pooding that shows you BELIEVED Nissan was guilty of fowl play in regards to the differences between GT-R's currently leaving the production line, and the GT-R that achieved 7:29 at the Ring, which you claim have not to said. Either way I think your just making up excuses. Maybe you forgot this one from a while ago...

How in the **** do you get me saying mods don't mean OEM with your response above (in bold)? Clarity for you which you can't seem to make things out in the context in which they are/were typed... not to mention your post (again, above in bold) just shows your assumptions are manipulated and pushed beyond reason of the OP to make that person look like he has said/typed something totally different than what was actually typed.

And it is evident you can't read and understand what people are implying. I will type this one last time... Hype, and inconsistent numbers have been my argument from the get go!

I'm finished with you, I feel dumb for replying on a lower level each and every time... I am smart enough at this point to know I stop here because even though you have shown ignorance in your posts, if I continue to reply to you, I will be tossed into group problem here which is plain to see; you and a few others are here only to be trolling fanboys.

That said, some people get it and some do not and you fit the later. Good day!
Excuses, excuses...hey catch this. I'm not going to continue replying to an utter moron that doesn't even know what he is arguing half the time. You continue to dodge or twist any truth that comes your way, even though I have quotations that show otherwise. Your opinion means **** to me at this point. Good day. P.S. I really don't care to hear from you again.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:17 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
this is the first and only time i will ever create another name to jump back on a forum. So go ahead and bring the BANS back out. no biggie as i said before.

some of you Pcar boys are such Tools and ****** bags. Almo is a clown. but most importantly i cant forget, HeavyChevy and his one man band(pathetic,) coming up with every conspiracy theory he can think of. and not on one but Many forums. He's been called out time and time again. people are tired of hearing it.

Heavy Chevy is the true definition of what a FANBOY is.

Done with HC,
no matter how many facts come out showing the GT-R out performing the GT3 and 911 TT. Nissans lying, car mags are lying, reviews are wrong, Ring times are false. but when Porsche or even GM comes with times. its the gospel.

look at the new CTS-V. no ones questioning the validity of the V's times. matter of fact people are giving props.

Yet i cant think of one porsche or chevy video showing their run, but no one aruges the results arent true. Nissan has a video of their run but its all falsehoods. if Nissan sponsored the mission to the moon, Pcar fandicks like HC would say no one has landed on the moon.

all you guys bring up is the amoount of money your slower 911 TT's and GT3's cost and use that as a way to debunk the GT-R. well its too bad, facts are facts whether yall see the light or not. Just go get a ***** enlargement and have something you can really brag about.

Porsche is chasing Nissan. The V-Spec will crush the CGT eventhough the Base GT-R fell alittle short. The GT2 will be crushed as well.

you guys have fun with your over priced beetles.

Eclou, you are in the GT-R forum. and i know you dont see the fanboism there that you see here. its only a select few of the pcar boys who are ******s.

TIMEATTACK, i wouldnt waste anymore of my time on these FOOLS. the pure hatred they have for the GT-R only shows Nissan did their job of flicking porsche off the throne. like a pesty gnat. i guess it hurts some people feelings, when they work all their lives to own a 911 TT for 140k and its now been out done by a 70k nissan. "kill yourself"

go ahead, BAN ME NOW, im done
Hey *****! You and me anywhere, anytime ****! Your car against mine any ****in track anywhere in the world *****. I'll pay for the travel expenses. ****in trippin. GTR FANBOY! Let's go *****!!!!!! Tired of these *****es talking **** about the 997tt! What you own fool? That's what I thought. A ****in PS3 grand tourismo5!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timeattack07gt
Excuses, excuses...hey catch this. I'm not going to continue replying to an utter moron that doesn't even know what he is arguing half the time. You continue to dodge or twist any truth that comes your way, even though I have quotations that show otherwise. Your opinion means **** to me at this point. Good day. P.S. I really don't care to hear from you again.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Almo is a clown.

Last edited by Almo; 05-16-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:04 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I'll tell you what I get tired of reading. I get tired of reading about how the GT-R has established a new pecking order when I still can't go down to the dealer and buy one yet. And, just when the fanboys think the V-spec has chisled "RIP" on Porsche's headstone, the 998 will be realeased and the V-spec Nissan will be relegated to the "also ran" heap.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
RiceEater is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by USCCayman
I'll tell you what I get tired of reading. I get tired of reading about how the GT-R has established a new pecking order when I still can't go down to the dealer and buy one yet. And, just when the fanboys think the V-spec has chisled "RIP" on Porsche's headstone, the 998 will be realeased and the V-spec Nissan will be relegated to the "also ran" heap.
+1 I agree. All this talk about a car that no one can buy right now. That's the fanboys for ya...

Old 05-16-2008, 08:25 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
The Porsche that should really be compared with the GT-R is the Panamera. I bet that when that car appears, the GT-R will look like yesterday's news in comparison. The Panamera will be a true 2+2 and will have all the pretty electronics to do the driving for you.

The 911 is all about sport and learning to hone excellent driving skills. It is certainly not about isolating the driver from the road and letting him/her get by with mediocre driving skills. That is what the 911 driver has demanded all along and this it what Porsche has been giving him/her for over 40 years. A fast, nimble, relaible car that will challenge your driving skills and turn you in to a track star if that is what you want. If you want a big 2+2 that does everything for you, the Panamera is for you.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay....trolls banned, posts deleted and thread closed. This is way out of hand.