997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

to pccb or not to...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
skyytek is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gretapass
The pccb's are one of my favorite options on my car and worth every cent. I drove them first in Europe last fall for a week on a C4S and was amazed by how responsive they were. Now I have them on my new Turbo and LOVE them. They can stop on a dime, no break dust, look amazing, and were worth every cent. I live in Seattle where we have had lots of rain since I got my car. I believe I have a new generation of these breaks (generation 3). I really cannot notice any difference in the rain or dry conditions - they handle great in all conditions so far. You will not regret ordering these.
are you saying the later models of the TT have PCCB's that are equally good in the rain and dry ?. when was the gen. 3 released ?. I am curious because my TT is coming next month and the only complaint I saw was bad performance when initially applying the brakes in the wet.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:00 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skyytek
are you saying the later models of the TT have PCCB's that are equally good in the rain and dry ?. when was the gen. 3 released ?. I am curious because my TT is coming next month and the only complaint I saw was bad performance when initially applying the brakes in the wet.
Well, since you know there is an issue "initially" breaking in the rain, this won't happen to you - because you know about it Tap the brakes periodically and you'll be fine.

I've found no reduced breaking in the wet - you may just need to hit them harder to stop in the same distance as when they're dry.

Personally, I think this is way overblown. I also have not experienced any issues when they're cold. I had reds on my 997S and I love the PCCB's.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:23 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skyytek
I don't know exactly when this third generation was released - possibly on the 2008 models. My car was just delivered in April, so it is new also - but I have had it in the rain many many times already (and after washing) and I really don't notice any difference. Bottom line - they will stop you 60-0 in 3.4 seconds!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:48 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
You should definitely get it or you'll regret it.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Mycab is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Big red will be good enough for some spirited Euro driving,as the dealer told me it was too late to change the order...

Old 05-26-2008, 03:44 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by torment
I would get them because of the low dusting....I clean the brakes on my S4 twice as often as I clean my car. Gets old!

I agree with you on this one. I have to clean the wheels on my M3 every week.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 PM
stroke36 is on a distinguished road
First time I have ever had them and I love them they feel so solid and truly the amount of brake dust is so minimal I don't notice it hardly at all.