997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon Fiber Illuminated Door Entry Guards

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Carbon Fiber Illuminated Door Entry Guards

I am looking for a set of the OEM carbon fiber illuminated door entry guards with the "Turbo" logo. I looked on the MA Carbon website and did not see the illuminated set.

Any info from vendors or fellow 6speeders who have acquired s set would be a big help.

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
gxlex will become famous soon enoughgxlex will become famous soon enough
Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gxlex
Thanks for the link. Looks very good, do you have this installed on your car?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 AM
gxlex will become famous soon enoughgxlex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Thanks for the link. Looks very good, do you have this installed on your car?
I don't have it yet but sure does look nice.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I have them (from factory) and it was one of those options not high on my list, however its the first thing people notice while getting into the car and the compliments are non stop, glad I got them.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
I have them (from factory) and it was one of those options not high on my list, however its the first thing people notice while getting into the car and the compliments are non stop, glad I got them.
Could you post a pic of them?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
will take some shots tonight.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by gmoney
will take some shots tonight.
Perfect! We wait them

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Man, these are out of stock everywhere I have tried.

I spoke to Steve at Suncoast. He is the best. He really helped me out. They don't have them, but he went above and beyond to tell me about other dealers that list them in stock. If you need Porsche parts, I highly recommend Steve at Suncoast.

Unfortunately, even with his help I was not able to locate them and they are back-ordered in Germany. A couple of months wait at least . . .

If any vendors have these, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Thanks man, it was nice speaking with you today! I'll keep my eye out for these and let you know if one pops up that I can get my hands on for you.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
kermit_S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Thanks man, it was nice speaking with you today! I'll keep my eye out for these and let you know if one pops up that I can get my hands on for you.
Any available for 997 GT3?

As for power, are the sils prewired?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:39 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
The ones that say "GT3" are readily available. The doorsills are not prewired. If you would like the installation manual, shoot me an email at srussell@sunsetautogroup.com. Installation is kind of involved (instructions are about 13 pages long).

Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
here are a few pics....

Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned
Very nice! From what material is the garage floor?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
its a plastic tile system, the cheap stuff, from costco or samsclub, forget exactly. Just bought it as a quick fix as Im tearing the garage down and building it bigger soon.

These are a hard plastic vs. the softer rubber type that cost 3x as much which are much nicer though. Very tough to remove stains from is the problem, that and the floor buckles with the wife drives the SUV on it. Would not recommend it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Illuminated Door Entry Guards