997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the kind comments! It was very lucky. It just happened to work out and was quite spur of the moment. The best part of it was that we just sat on the couch and talked about cars. Because their lives are dominated by motorsports, you might think they like to get away from it once in a while. But not these two guys. They wanted to talk cars, cars, cars. Lewis was checking out my friend's extensive stable of cars and just having a great time. He even took them out for drives on the freeway! He seemed to really like the big cars - SUVs in particular. My friend has a very rare Mercedes GLK550 Wide Body with the full Brabus 6.1 kit on it. Lewis was very taken by that car. He kept commenting on how he wanted one. I figure he will have it too! I was very happy to be there and meet him.

I talked to Sutil about the race in Monte Carlo. He was still very emotional about it but he did not blame Kimi. In the end he said that it just wasn't their day. It appears as if he has largely moved on from it and is looking forward to future success. The last thing he said about it was that they would have more chances and have better races in the future. He really had a great attitude about it. He kind of hung back a lot letting Lewis take most of the attention. But I had just as much fun talking to him as meeting Lewis. They were both great.

This opportunity was the culmination of a wacky and wild series of events that I can't even begin to explain here. I just consider myself very lucky to have had the chance to meet Lewis and Adrian.

And the Angels won tonight too!

Perfect day . . .

Last edited by Barrister; 05-31-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Hey barrister you are a lucky man to get to meet Lewis, I am sure you were extremely flattered about being called to drop by CEC to get to meet him.

That is one of an experience, I am glad that a F1-Fan like you got to meet a current racer. The question is in which car did you go to CEC in.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Hey barrister you are a lucky man to get to meet Lewis, I am sure you were extremely flattered about being called to drop by CEC to get to meet him.

That is one of an experience, I am glad that a F1-Fan like you got to meet a current racer. The question is in which car did you go to CEC in.
Sharp eye Muhammed! It was at CEC in Newport Beach. I got the invite from Claus himself. You know our about my friendship with Claus and CEC/Brabus from the Mercedes forum. He really did me a solid on this one. But now I owe him one and he WILL collect. My son and I were there along with Andreas - the Brabus retail sales manager - that was all. It made for a very personal meeting. You could meet him at a party or race function with a thousand others. But the cool thing about today was that it was just us five. And he stayed and chatted for a while. That made it special.

Of course I took the SLK! Lewis really liked it and enjoyed going over all of the modifications with me. He really acted like he cared. Either he was sincere or he has a great career as an actor after racing! Since I don't know any better, I will beleive he was sincere.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-31-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:31 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Barrister
Sharp eye Muhammed! It was at CEC in Newport Beach. I got the invite from Claus himself. You know our about my friendship with Claus and CEC/Brabus from the Mercedes forum. He really did me a solid on this one. But now I owe him one and he WILL collect.

Of course I took the SLK! Lewis really liked it and enjoyed going over all of the modifications with me. He really acted like he cared. Either he was sincere or he has a great career as an actor after racing! Since I don't know any better, I will beleive he was sincere.

I had a feeling that you went in the B55S, glad that he like it or acted like he cared. Well look at the bright side, at least you got to meet a person that you are interested in his industry or work.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I had a feeling that you went in the B55S, glad that he like it or acted like he cared. Well look at the bright side, at least you got to meet a person that you are interested in his industry or work.
Thanks. It was a cool experience. Through my work as an IP attorney in the LA area, I have had the opportunity to meet quite a few celebrities. But never anything this intimate. My previous brushes with famous people may have left me a bit skeptical about their sincerity. But I felt like Lewis and Adrian were very genuine. I think they can kind of let their hair down in the US because not that many people recognize them. Lewis kept saying how he had been having a great time. I think it was because he was able to relax a bit without the British paps all over him. It was nice to see someone that famous world wide so relaxed. But maybe that is just who he is all the time.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-31-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:55 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Shouldn't he be in Canada? The guy has a bright future.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Shouldn't he be in Canada? The guy has a bright future.
He was headed there just after we met. He must have had the week off though because he mentioned that he had been in the LA area for a few days.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
That was great.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Glad you got to met a future multiple formula one world champion!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 AM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
Awesome! The chance to meet any of these pro drivers always fires up one's enthusiasm about the sport. I had a chance to meet Derek Bell over in the U.K. about 20 years ago and he put on a demo in a Porsche 962 at Brands Hatch Race Course during a Porsche Club GB day out at the track. Absolutely an amazing display. That was a day I'll never forget. But only had a few minutes to chat unfortunately. The drivers at these levels have talent that is just superhuman. Again, congratulations!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:33 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I am a Lewis Fanboy.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
That's awesome! Thanks for posting pics.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
NO TKTS is on a distinguished road
This is a fantastic experience that your son will cherish forever...

Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 PM
cleanme is on a distinguished road
I'm tearing up man! My eyes are watering, sooooooooo ENVIOUS!

You mentioned bringing your SLK & Lewis taking a real keen eye to it. I guess at the end of the day he's just another gearhead! But yeah in every appearance I've seen him at he's always very humble & appreciative.

Man I don't know what I'd ask him, and same with Sutil, I'd love to go to a track day and see who the fastest person there is and the put Lewis or Sutil in the driver's seat and see the difference!

Yeah it was on Autoblog that CEC's Claus gave him a TechArt 997 Turbo to use. But yeah I was laughing on Top Gear when he said he's all about the SUV's on big rims for cruising. I guess when you drive the pinnacle of 4wheeled travel for a career you might want some comfort?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:26 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Thats great Good luck Lewis and Mclaren. 2008 world champion???? HEY look at my # of posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .