997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Mods From BBI Autosport Coming Along - PICS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
turbohoses?

Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
You're making me jealous, I haven't gotten my bbi exhaust yet. Those guys are awesome.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
nice....how much did you pay for the custom exhaust?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
very excited to hear an exhaust sound clip of that beast.
+1

Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
looking good!!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
What is a Underdrive pulley and how does it equal more HP??

Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Dont for get to paint the headlight finisher covers in red and paint the turbo emblem in black or wheels finish, so far I am liking the things you've done to your turbo

Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HRTC
What is a Underdrive pulley and how does it equal more HP??
pulley eats HP, theoretically reducing the weight, size etc. of the pulley can reduce the amount of hp robbed from its use. never seen it on a Turbo before, but back in my Mustang days it was all the rage.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gmoney
pulley eats HP, theoretically reducing the weight, size etc. of the pulley can reduce the amount of hp robbed from its use. never seen it on a Turbo before, but back in my Mustang days it was all the rage.
Exactly right. BBI has done several and they swear by its ability to enhance performance and decrease engine spooling time. We will see.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
cleanme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Barrister
Exactly right. BBI has done several and they swear by its ability to enhance performance and decrease engine spooling time. We will see.
Yeah smaller pulleys are still quite the performance enhancer in the import scene, I always see them on the mod list of crazy Skylines, Supras, Eclipses etc.

I think you will be very happy with your mods! Your Turbo will be able to inhale & exhale now

Any chance of a video?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Where does the pulley get installed? Any pics of the install?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
very nice mods, i was actually looking forward to your wheel choice since you posted the change from techart. How does the car drive versus with the techarts? I like the upgrades, could this have spawned from the meeting with Hamilton? I think sooo, Please take some more pics once the work is finished and ad a sound clip for that awesome exhaust.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dinorocz
very nice mods, i was actually looking forward to your wheel choice since you posted the change from techart. How does the car drive versus with the techarts? I like the upgrades, could this have spawned from the meeting with Hamilton? I think sooo, Please take some more pics once the work is finished and ad a sound clip for that awesome exhaust.
Thanks. I get the car back tomorrow (Wed) at noon. Then we go to the Dyno at 1:00 pm. I will take pics and videos the next day. I am really looking forward to it.

Metting Lewis Hamilton just made me want to lose like 200 pounds and be a race car driver!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Got the car back and WOW! You can really feel the difference! The car just growls now and has so much more get up and go. I am very happy with the results.

I am putting together a bunch of pics and videos of this project. I am having Moe from GP come by and detail it. Then I will post all kinds of data, pics and videos.

Thanks for the kind comments and the interest guys.
Stay tuned!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
Maciej is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Barrister
No. That silicon reducer is custom made by BBI.
Sorry to break it to you but the silicon reducer isn't custom made, it can be bought through pretty much any after market catalogue like Jeggs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mods From BBI Autosport Coming Along - PICS!