997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Gt2 Front Bumper 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Gt2 rear

I have all the numbers

Decklid

Spoiler ( wing )

Spoiler insert

Around 11k

It's my next mod !

Rear bumper is around 1800.00 and you will a GMG or Fabspeed is working on there's
Gee-Bee

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
hilifeit is on a distinguished road
I have personally followed the work, with all the original gt2 part excep the central plastic that goes in front of the central radiator ( it doesn't fit ) the result is perfect and very simple max 2h. I did before a gt3 front bumper convertion on my 997 TT , that was wery difficul.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hilifeit
I have personally followed the work, with all the original gt2 part excep the central plastic that goes in front of the central radiator ( it doesn't fit ) the result is perfect and very simple max 2h. I did before a gt3 front bumper convertion on my 997 TT , that was wery difficul.
Thank you. Very helpful info! A couple of questions please re. the pictures you posted.

1. What is that cross bar running across? Was it removed or is that what the final installation looks like?

2. That black plastic piece, is that part of the GT2 bumper? No problem with removing it?

3. No problem with the LED light on the bumper? Just a matter of plugging in the wire?

Last edited by cannga; 09-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
shavster is a splendid one to beholdshavster is a splendid one to beholdshavster is a splendid one to beholdshavster is a splendid one to beholdshavster is a splendid one to beholdshavster is a splendid one to behold
Guys, I've done this mod and the simple fact is that if you want the air routed correctly through the vent in the top of the bonnet you need to fit the ducts correctly, meaning you need to fit the GT2 front radiator.

cheers

Nick

Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Regarding the " croocked bar " that one holds the central radiator I will simply paint all the front internal part in black. The plastic piece is the original gt2 plastic that goes in front of the central radiator and cover the alluminium croocked bar, but it does not fitt with the TT radiator, we will try to cut the superior part of the original plastic and see if will be ok. In any case with out the plastic there will be not any temperature problems specially in US at 60 mph (hehehehe) . hope to help later when the project will be completed
The main alluminium bar is original TT and it is ok, needs to be painted in black.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
some more pic

Attached Images    
Old 09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
White997TT is on a distinguished road
have not seen a gt2 bumper on a turbo yet but would love to look at it...if someone has done it please post some pics. i think it wold look really good. I have tech art front lip and am pretty happy with that

Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
White 997TT, the photo above are of my TT with gt2 front bumper and it fitts perfectly.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Thanks for the explanation. One more question about that crooked bar: How come I don't see it in my stock Turbo now when I look at it? I'll post picture if you like me to, but all I see is the radiator, no bar. Is the bar hidden from view somehow in the stock car?

Lastly, is there a *significant* change in lift/down force/etc. when one goes from stock Turbo to GT2 bumper? Should I be concerned about this if my car's speed is never to exceed, for example, 130 mph? What are the aerodynamic considerations when one does something like this?

Originally Posted by hilifeit
Regarding the " croocked bar " that one holds the central radiator I will simply paint all the front internal part in black. The plastic piece is the original gt2 plastic that goes in front of the central radiator and cover the alluminium croocked bar, but it does not fitt with the TT radiator, we will try to cut the superior part of the original plastic and see if will be ok. In any case with out the plastic there will be not any temperature problems specially in US at 60 mph (hehehehe) . hope to help later when the project will be completed
The main alluminium bar is original TT and it is ok, needs to be painted in black.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
cannga you dont se the alluminium bar because it is covered by the original TT plastic in front of the radiator, but let me finish the projekt and I will post all the solutions.
Regarding the aereodinamic you have a Gt2 4wd if put the rear gt2 wing, but before my TT had only the GT3 front bumper and was perfect at 185 mph, in Italy we can drive fast ! Look I personally follow each change on my cars, too often people talk just for the pleasure to say something, specially porsche guys. When I asked to porsche assistance if was possible to put gt2 wheels on my turbo they said no way, "the wheels will not fit too large and the offset it's different" Not true at all the rear 19-12-51 fits perfect ( better look with 5mm spacer ), front 19-8.5-53 fits perfect ( better look with 5mm spacer ) The same story with the gt3 front bumper ( it is impossible you must change all the radiators and the supports ) and with the gt2 front bumper. With small changes (unexpensive) the gt2 front bumper and rear wing fits in a perfect way.

Attached Images     
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Did a cat walk over your hood on the last photo?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
He was looking for a warm front engine car After he choised the red corvette

Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
any updates?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
Heres is mine

Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have ordered the GT2 bumper with the radiator covers, all complete. Do i need anything els to do the installation?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gt2 Front Bumper 997 Turbo