997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer Performance Innovation 997TT runs a record 9.79@146.4!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Congradulations guys...Great times... I wish my car would run times like that...
Your car ran really impressive as well for the few tip mods you have!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:52 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Amazing....Congratulations!!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
I was thinking the same thing. Too much traction bogs the car down. A little less friction and that Turbo might holeshot out to a 1.5x 60' with that kind of power.

You gotta love AWD.
Some things are very difficult to assertain from a video clip... the car didn't really bog... I had set the car to come out very soft so that I didn't abuse the driveline. With some practice and a calibration change, I can make the car come out even more quickly. I drove to the track... I wanted to be able to drive home, lol!!

It's called driveline preservation!

None of this Jamie Carter axle shredding nonsense! LOL! Sorry Jamie... couldn't resist that one!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:06 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tym Switzer

None of this Jamie Carter axle shredding nonsense! LOL! Sorry Jamie... couldn't resist that one!
Ha, low blow! I asked Jerry to twice spray the 60 and we did cut a 1.3 60....but we think the aftermarket ATS diff we're using is freaking out as we're 0-2 on driver side axles in the past 2 weeks.....and they don't break until about 250 ft down the track when I'm going fast enough to pucker up.

This drag racing thing can be a pain in the *** sometimes. It's refreshing to see a car like David's 9 second drama free 997tt just cruise in and cruise out. I'm officially jealous!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Jealous? Listen money bags, cut a damn check and you can have a 9 second 150 mph driver as well. Sell the "one out of 50,000,000,000" car you currently have that would get walked by the 997 and make the move! LOL
Peter

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Ha, low blow! I asked Jerry to twice spray the 60 and we did cut a 1.3 60....but we think the aftermarket ATS diff we're using is freaking out as we're 0-2 on driver side axles in the past 2 weeks.....and they don't break until about 250 ft down the track when I'm going fast enough to pucker up.

This drag racing thing can be a pain in the *** sometimes. It's refreshing to see a car like David's 9 second drama free 997tt just cruise in and cruise out. I'm officially jealous!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Your car ran really impressive as well for the few tip mods you have!
Thanks...SPI 750 is only few mods I guess... Looking at those results makes ME think that I need to follow this route...

Last edited by GT RUS; 09-11-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
well i know there car is not to 1/4 mile... but i BELIEVE just with few settings this car will do low 9''... 9.3xx 9.4xx!

well.. how can be the STOCK GEARBOX... how much are you revving?? its imposible pass in 4th gear at 230km/h.. UNLESS you are reving 9k RPMS!?!?!?

BTW, CONGRATSSS,,AMAZING no words!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Great time, you guys deserve the press this car is getting and will soon get.

Hey Markski, I guess the Tilton clutch works after all for drag racing...
Looks like it is. But that's a custom setup using the Tilton disks. I'll be at the track very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Holy crap guys, that is a truly outstanding time for a bolt-on kit. The fact that you had street tires with 40+psi, stock AWD trans and a full weight car really speaks volumes about this kit.

Congrats again, Tym and David.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xandi911
well.. how can be the STOCK GEARBOX... how much are you revving?? its imposible pass in 4th gear at 230km/h.. UNLESS you are reving 9k RPMS!?!?!?
Xandi, my numbers show around 7,400RPMs with stock gearbox and 19s. to reach 230kph in 4th.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Tym, after thinking of this accomplishment...I am in udder amazement on how fast and far you have taken this platform!! You should be very proud and I cant wait to see my docile(compared to the Sledgehammer) 996TT with the remainder of the SPI mods planned! Thanks for posting the you tube vid. Makes these long work trips feel a little shorter.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
WOW, nice job.

I just ran my TT this past week for the first time needless to say it didnt look like this pass.

Congrats.

MB