997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, the GT-R seems to find a way to slap Newton in the face and get a way with it...............at least the "stock" JSPEC version..

Last edited by Monaco; 12-24-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:00 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

I give the GT-R props. It's pretty amazing but NOT a driver's car and definitely NOT a sports car/track car with it's weight.

IMO, I would classify it as a very, very quick, very capable GT car
Deuuuce: Never too late. Welcome to the party. I think these same driver/same day tests are the best and are consistent with my experience. Would also agree that the GT-R is not a great track car, but neither it the Turbo.

I think the edge that the GT-R has over the Turbo would widen if both cars were in the hands of less experienced drivers. The GT-R is simply easier to drive fast / more confidence inspiring. Some view that as a negative, but I happen to like it.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chrisn
The GT-R is simply easier to drive fast / more confidence inspiring. Some view that as a negative, but I happen to like it.
I actually think that's the best part of the gt-r. It can make anyone seem like a pro!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I actually think that's the best part of the gt-r. It can make anyone seem like a pro!
There's the problem.... in a nutshell !!!

Both the car & the driver pretending.... to be something they are NOT !!

The GT-R is an upscale 4 passenger coupe...

The fanbois are blowing transmissions, modifying the ECU's, boosting the turbochargers, adding after market suspension, all in an effort to make it into a...

Sports Car !!!

At the end of the day... you're still left with a ~ 3900 lb. coupe, after ruining it's reliability and street maners.

Last edited by trumperZ06; 12-24-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Yup, NISSAN seems to find a way to slap REALITY in the face and get a way with it...............at least the "ringer" JSPEC version..
there fixed it for you

Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Again, there's probably less than 2% of GTR's that had transmission problems. Let's not make it sound like all of the GTR's out there are blowing up their transmission.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
Again, there's probably less than 2% of GTR's that had transmission problems. Let's not make it sound like all of the GTR's out there are blowing up their transmission.

we've been all through this, but yet, when everyone forgets you try to insert it again. At best there was 800 cars in the US at the time of the incident. At best there may have been 200 that were being driven hard. 30 failures into 200, 2% does not make
truly yours, Yoda.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:17 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prche951
we've been all through this, but yet, when everyone forgets you try to insert it again. At best there was 800 cars in the US at the time of the incident. At best there may have been 200 that were being driven hard. 30 failures into 200, 2% does not make
truly yours, Yoda.
You're right, it's actually less than 4%. I'm going by the 800 samples of course. How do you know that the remaining 600 are not being driven hard?

Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Regardless of the numbers Jae, the tranny is still the weak point of the car. If it weren't, there wouldn't be upgraded gears already.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of quarter mile junkies:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081223....based-draxster

Last edited by USCCayman; 12-24-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by trumperZ06
There's the problem.... in a nutshell !!!

Both the car & the driver pretending.... to be something they are NOT !!

The GT-R is an upscale 4 passenger coupe...

The fanbois are blowing transmissions, modifying the ECU's, boosting the turbochargers, adding after market suspension, all in an effort to make it into a...

Sports Car !!!

At the end of the day... you're still left with a ~ 3900 lb. coupe, after ruining it's reliability and street maners.
Well don't know about you, but any car stock is boring! Modding is where the fun begins!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quacker
ACR's suspension set up is too stiff for the Nurb therefore the ACR is only a little faster on the Nurb than the GTR. Nurb is not smooth like regular race tracks. GTR is designed for the Nurb.
Are you making stuff up as you go along, or are you using the force? Go back to google.com, look up the suspension system for the 08 Viper ACR, and then check back with me.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:55 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Well don't know about you, but any car stock is boring! Modding is where the fun begins!
Representing a modified car as STOCK... is simply cheating !!!

See the title of this thread !!!

Hence, we are questioning the "FABLED ~ 7:29 ring time " advertised for the GT-R by Nissan !!!

There are other threads for discussing track-prep'ed or race-prep'ed cars.

Last edited by trumperZ06; 12-24-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:40 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Are you making stuff up as you go along, or are you using the force? Go back to google.com, look up the suspension system for the 08 Viper ACR, and then check back with me.
Bobby.....The force is strong with this one....

Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Galactus
Because these cars always seem to blow up on track!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...wn-engine.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ted-by-gm.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...wn-engine.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ne-seized.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ngs-issue.html

This one doesn't really count as he has mods to his car, but he blew it up racing a GT-R and lost in the worst possible way...KABOOM!:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ew-my-ls7.html

"So guys i blew my motor today racin a modded R35 ofcourse on a closed circuit.
I had the following mods LG stage 3 cams, LG long tube headers with x pipe, K&N intake and a tune from one of the best tuners in Dubai.
So i did 5 runs with this guy all from a roll and on all 5 runs he pulled about 3-5 cars on me.Well forget that part.
On our last run we did a run from a 50km i was in 1st went up to about 200km and boom i look in my rear view mirror smoke every where then i heard the worst sound somethin came out of the engin and hit the bottom of the passenger side. Pulled over and there was oil every where, went to the back of the car and oil on the bumper so i was like f*** . So what do you guys think happened the car was running fine i didnt miss **** didnt red line did 7grand perfect shifts its been driving me crazy what the F happened."

So again I am surprised that the Z06 managed to get around a 13 mile track without blowing it's motor.
damn, full blown.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.