997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keithta's Protomotive 997TT - New 60-130 Record & 1/4 Mile Trap Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:37 AM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Keithta's Protomotive 997TT - New 60-130 Record & 1/4 Mile Trap Speed

As many of you may have know I have been been working on correcting 3 major performance issues with my car.

1) Poor custom air intake design (I had partially crushed inlet pipes leading from the stock air box to the turbo compressors)

Solution: Replaced stock air box and hoses leading to the turbos with Protomotive's Air Intake System with Y-Pipe for the 997TT. The air filter cones and mass air sensors were moved from the engine bay and relocated to the fender wells. The Air intakes coming right off the turbo compressors under boost sound sick!

2) Diverter valve/boost hose/leak/boost response issues.

Solution: Diverter Valves relocated and boost hose kinks ironed out. Boost recovery between shifts is much more responsive than before. Boost shutdowns causing the ECU to go into limp mode were eliminated.

3) Cam Actuator Fault on Bank 2 - Timing Over Advanced.

Solution: As per the recommendation of many points of contact at Porsche, I have bought a brand new DME and had it reflashed with my same program from Protomotive. Since the new DME has been in place, I have not experienced any cam related faults nor noticed any loss of low end power. Porsche believed it came down to the DME having a bad sector somewhere. Not sure if this truly corrected the problem, but for now I will drive the car and see how things play out.

4) ECU also Updated Through Protomotive to accommodate higher boost pressures along with some other new updates. After Speaking with Todd at Protomotive, he believes the new setup will yield 730-750+ awhp. Up from my previous 700.9 awhp.

NOTE - My car is running the same GT3071s with a stock motor internals.

--------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Performance Numbers using my DriftBox from this past Tuesday:
(Keep in mind my previous best 60-130 was 6.31 at 1.25 bar - previous best drag strip time was 11s @ 134.5)

NEW 60-130 mph:

1) Boost was dialed in and ranged between 1.37-1.42 bar -
2) Used MS109 Unleaded (105 octane)
3) Car running AWD

I ran several 5.9s & 5.8s and clocked off

a BEST TIME of 5.78 all with 1 shift. (on 20s) (Click Image to ENLARGE)

Earlier that evening I ran a 93 octane pass at 1 bar and clocked off a 7.14 with 1 shift (on 20s).

---------------------------------------------------------

1/4 Mile and TRAP SPEED:

1) Boost was again dialed in to the same range between 1.37-1.42 bar
2) Used MS109 Unleaded (105 octane)
3) Car running AWD

Ran low 11s-low 12s. I am NOT going for ET. I do not want to launch my car as I do not want to break anything. Therefore I kept traction control active (to avoid wheel hop) which obviously hindered the car until the upper part of 2nd. Thats why my ETs were so horrendous.

Nevertheless, my best trap speed was a 12.31 @ 141.61 (on 19s) - also ran a number of mid 11 sec passes with a best trap of 140.1 (on 20s)

On 93 octane at 1 bar I turned an 11.4 @ 133.4 (on 20s)

As many already know, David's car done by Tym Switzer trapped a 146 on his driftbox and then later duplicated the same 146 at the drag strip. With this said, my car may have the potential of turning 140 at the track.

Here is an image of the 141.6 run. Click the image to ENLARGE view

---------------------------------------------
GET THIS - This was a bit of a shocker....

During my 141.61 trap speed 1/4 mile run, I turned over a 60-130 in 4.97 seconds!

I stared at the driftbox screen baffled at what I saw. After I analyzed the run to figure out how this happened, I am pointing the finger at the fact that the traction control was holding the car back all of 1st and most of 2nd, Due to the spinning of the tires and traction control holding back acceleration, the instant I threw 3rd, the car accelerated in a "sling shot" fashion. Almost seemed like a break boost rolling launch where the instant the traction control let off the car exploded forward. I was never able to duplicate this again and I know this wasn't the norm. Nevertheless, regardless of circumstance, bottom line my car turned a best 60-130 of 4.97.

Here is proof of the 60-130 run which again was extracted from the 12.31 @ 141.61 graph above.

Click the Images ENLARGE View:

I am sending in these runs for verification.

Let me know what you guys think.

PS - If some of you guys cannot see the enlarged views of the images clearly, right click the image and save it to your computer. Then open the image by double clicking it. Your computer will use its default image viewer software so that you can see the file clearly.

Wanted to thank David at Prototech of Fort Lauderdale along with Protomotive for helping get my car back in shape.

Keith

Last edited by keithta; 10-30-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:45 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats!!

It sounds like your performance times are now commensurate with your mods.

Very fast! Now go race Chris Green already.

MK

Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Congrats!!

It sounds like your performance times are now commensurate with your mods.

Very fast! Now go race Chris Green already.

MK
impressive....

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Sounds fast on race gas congrads ))) but on pump 7.13 60-130 in not that good...my TipS (which is slower then manual 60-130) with SPI VTG kit run simular times on pump...

Last edited by GT RUS; 10-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Very good results.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Very good results indeed! i totaly trust Todd and Syndia...

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Keith awesome results glad your getting it to where u always wanted ..let me know when u coming down i want a ride!

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
That's just awesome..

Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
Are you the same keith ta that had the supra with twin t-66 turbos?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Sounds fast on race gas congrads ))) but on pump 7.13 60-130 in not that good...my TipS (which is slower then manual 60-130) with SPI VTG kit run simular times on pump...
Hey GT Rus.

You are correct. Some 997TTs can run 7s on pump with VTGs - but keep in mind the cars running these times with VTGs are running over 20 psi depending on which tuner is configuring the car. Also TIPS dont lose boost between shifts.

My car hit the 7.1 at 14.5 psi (1 bar) on 20" wheels.

Keith

Last edited by keithta; 10-30-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Awesome results!!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
Are you the same keith ta that had the supra with twin t-66 turbos?
No...thats someone else.....I never owned a Supra.

Keith

Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by keithta
Hey GT Rus.

You are correct. Some 997TTs can run 7s on pump with VTGs - but keep in mind the cars running these times with VTGs are running over 20 psi depending on which tuner is configuring the car.

My car hit the 7.1 at 14.5 psi (1 bar) on 20" wheels.

Keith
Yes I know but you have bigger turbos..so ammount of boost should around the same but I am not expert so I dont know for sure...+ 20s of course play thier negative role...It good that you got all the probs sorted an now enjoying you car even more )))

Nice car you got there but you need to put white side markers (indicators)...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Yes I know but you have bigger turbos..so ammount of boost should around the same but I am not expert so I dont know for sure...+ 20s of course play thier negative role...It good that you got all the probs sorted an now enjoying you car even more )))

Nice car you got there but you need to put white side markers (indicators)...

I just installed the clear side markers last week.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
sorry for the mix up bud, going back to the main subject...great job on the ride

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Keithta's Protomotive 997TT - New 60-130 Record & 1/4 Mile Trap Speed