997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Leather visors after the fact

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Thanks Bobby, these are slow coming from Europe, so thanks for your patience!

eclou, the embossed arm rest covers are an exclusive new car option only, so it is something a dealer would be unable to order without the VIN of a car that came with it from factory.
does the dome lamp cover come with the stitching? It apears to have it in your pic, but I tried to order from Germany (with a VIN from a car that had it) and it does NOT have the stitching. I believe Jason (atomic80) also tried and had the same result.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:57 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Cool ?

I have a sea blue vin if anybody needs it

I have all the stitching...

Gee-Bee

Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
GB, thanks man, you gave it to me once b4, I'm setting up an order with suncoast now. My local dealer couldn't do it(lame).
Thanks again!
C

Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Ordered mines from Suncoast.
Great service.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 PM
2008911tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sparkhill
They even come without stickers! Very nice.
Can anyone tell me if there is a safe way to remove the factory visor stickers? Also, can they be removed and preserved?

Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2008911tt
Can anyone tell me if there is a safe way to remove the factory visor stickers? Also, can they be removed and preserved?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-visors.html

Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
ariarec is on a distinguished road
There is a guy on ebay called boxster bob, that sells black stickers that go over the airbag warning stickers. They are perfect and no effort to put on. They are among the best aftermarket add ons to my car.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ariarec
There is a guy on ebay called boxster bob, that sells black stickers that go over the airbag warning stickers. They are perfect and no effort to put on. They are among the best aftermarket add ons to my car.
$126K+ car...a sticker over another sticker may look a little tacky. Just follow the DIY above.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
$126K+ car...a sticker over another sticker may look a little tacky. Just follow the DIY above.
I agree - forget the stickers. I've done the label remove on both vinyl and leather visors and they look great.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I agree - forget the stickers. I've done the label remove on both vinyl and leather visors and they look great.
+1..............

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
2008911tt is on a distinguished road
Thanks so much for the detailed referral. I continue to be impressed with the depth of knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge on this site.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by E55AMG
does the dome lamp cover come with the stitching? It apears to have it in your pic, but I tried to order from Germany (with a VIN from a car that had it) and it does NOT have the stitching. I believe Jason (atomic80) also tried and had the same result.
The leather cover we sell does come with the stitching. Hey Bobby, check out what showed up today

Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
The leather cover we sell does come with the stitching. Hey Bobby, check out what showed up today

Stop it!!! Is that for ME!?!?!? If it is...you just made my day.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Christmas comes early, buddy, you'll have it the middle of next week!

This probably means your visors will be in aaaany day now

Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow...late shipment just came in for us....looks like you might get a bit more than we were expecting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather visors after the fact